Plumbers Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just going to embark on purchasing some test equipment.
Weir gauge.
Water pressure gauge.
Digi thermometer.
I am not after DIY tools, but professional ones that can handle the day to day usage.
Any suggestion on type, model and expected prices. Or if there is all in one kit?

Sponsored Links
right honest advice
buy cheep screw drivers and adjustables for evry day use
you will forget them fro time to time
and you kick your self as hard

I know, I have/had a decent set of screwdrivers, my favourite flat headed is missing, either kidnapped by house owners or keeping spiders company.
So what test equipment then, I have seen weir cups at £40 and at £14, also seen pressure gauges for £40 and £5.
Want something that I can trust to give accurate measurements and last longer than a couple of jobs. Providing I don't leave them behind that is!

surefire blow tourch is a must
but flow cup and weir guage are only real measuring tools you need
only other thing i can think off
is a monoblock spanner
and box spanner
as well back nut spanner

Sponsored Links
A decent set of grips, with the little grooves that fit snuggly round ballofix valves!

I don't agree with the cheap adjustables, Bahco £18(ish) ones from Screwfix are the best I've got, work with people who use them cheap adjustables that just slip off the nut everytime!!

Push comes to shove, you can use a kitchen jug to measure flow. What kind of work are you doing that needs flow and pressure measuring?

Never really needed to myself to be honest. Must admit, it will impress the customer if you are coming in to give a quote and start taking flow and pressure, customer will think you know your onions!

I don't agree with the cheap adjustables, Bahco £18(ish) ones from Screwfix are the best I've got, work with people who use them cheap adjustables that just slip off the nut everytime!!

Defo go for decent adjustables. Bahco or Rigid. Cheap ones are hard work and a waste of time and money. Agreed, don't overspend on s/drivers, it hurts when you lose 'em. I.ve just bought YET another set of stanleys from Nomebase for £25 inc vat.

What kind of work are you doing that needs flow and pressure measuring?
Well I thought for not a great deal of money they would come in handy when having to take readings for such things as shower installations or even tap installs where they have a required compliance to measurements.

I quite like the temp differential settings/clamps on the v2 sprints..helps spotting thinks like blocked 2hex a doddle

no point over spending on pressure gauge, it simple kit, just buy cheaper one... I agree you can get allot of kit cheap and tidy i.e screw drivers, pliers, mats, but get what you pay for with slicers, power tools and blow torch.

Sponsored Links
Back