Plumbing courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Just a quick question regarding plumbing courses that will give you basic knowledge for DIY (fixing leaks using solder, installing taps, connecting waste pipes, pushfit attachments etc.) - where would I find these? I have had a Google but all I can find is intensive and long courses that aim to get you an NVQ / City and Guilds (which I can't do as I am working)... I am in the South East (Aylesbury) - does anyone know of anywhere that would offer something like this? (ideally where I could get hands on experience)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Evening all,

Just a quick question regarding plumbing courses that will give you basic knowledge for DIY (fixing leaks using solder, installing taps, connecting waste pipes, pushfit attachments etc.) - where would I find these? I have had a Google but all I can find is intensive and long courses that aim to get you an NVQ / City and Guilds (which I can't do as I am working)... I am in the South East (Aylesbury) - does anyone know of anywhere that would offer something like this? (ideally where I could get hands on experience)

Thanks!
Treat yourself to some tube , fitting and a blow lamp and practice in your garage .

you will need to buy an Oscilloscope, a Laithe , a listening stick, an ERM meter,are you sure that you want to be a semi skilled trade ?

There are a lot of simple plumbing books on DIY plumbing repairs.

You don't need an oscilloscope or lathe until you want to become more advanced.

Not heard of an ERM meter. But then its impossible to know everything!

Treat yourself to some tube , fitting and a blow lamp and practice in your garage .

As the course requires a block of 5 days in a row, it's not an option at the moment, so this is what I will do this Saturday!

There are a lot of simple plumbing books on DIY plumbing repairs.

You don't need an oscilloscope or lathe until you want to become more advanced.

Not heard of an ERM meter. But then its impossible to know everything!

I will investigate some books... I have an oscilloscope (electronic engineer!), but have no idea how this would be used with plumbing jobs! Small steps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back