pointless road restrictions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
near me there is a main road with a 30 MPH limit. usually, at the busy times it still flows alright. about 25-30MPH. its a fairly wide road and there is a gress verge either side then a path then houses. and this is 1 of the main roads thru the area. passed yesterday and guess what there doin?

adding speed ramps, narrowing the corners at the junction and adding those pointless things where 1 side has to give way to the other.

so, how is this type of thing helping the traffic flow

Sponsored Links
It's not to control Traffic Andy, it's to slow emergency vehicles so that more people die before they get to Hospital, and also to cause more stress leading to more heart attacks and strokes, thus helping the NHS as they cannot sort it out..

Honest, I'm not cynical! :LOL:

FWL_Engineer said:
It's not to control Traffic Andy, it's to slow emergency vehicles so that more people die before they get to Hospital, and also to cause more stress leading to more heart attacks and strokes, thus helping the NHS as they cannot sort it out..

Honest, I'm not cynical! :LOL:

that sounds about right. they should put me in charge of traffic problems. id have traffic flowing better in no time

ah. the things that block one bit of the road off , as you enter some poxy village. a 21st century classic. the people that dream these things up. do they live in reality? no, cos they work for the council, can waste public money, get a fat pension, and make life a misery for all us scum that have to live in the real world.

and to think, life can be so easy, but we employ/vote people in to f ekk it all up. great.

this is me
:rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Don`t need our roads blocking here in Sussex...the surfaces are so crap everywhere...you can`t go fast. :(

They seem to have a policy round here (is it nationwide?) to cut down m-way slips from 2 to 1 lane.

Braindead!! How can the Govt square its policy of roadbuilding with its opposing policy of cutting down the access roads to m-ways? Ludicrous!!

Back