Political correctness gone mad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Normally i go out for a drink at the weekends and then get the bus home.
While waiting for my bus i like to have a packet of crisps from the vending machine in the station.
Last week I noticed a sign on the machine which said 'foreign coins are not accepted by this machine' this week when i went for my usual packet of crisps the machine was gone. When i asked the station manager where the machine had gone,he said that an immigrant had complained about the sign on the machine, and as a result the machine was taken for 'reprogramming' and was now a tumble dryer in a laundrette.

This is a true story by the way :(

Sponsored Links
Yeah, more like you've knacked it by putting in all those foreign coins every Saturday night for your packet of Walkers or is it McCoys you prefer? :D

On a more serious note (I can do serious sometimes!), how can a sign and indeed a machine be considered to be Politically Incorrect if it does not accept foreign coins? I mean, if I go and fill up the car and turn round to the attendant and say, "I'd like to pay in Yen" or Dollars etc he/she wouldn't turn round and say "yeah no problem sir". I think someone is pulling your dinger or the machine just wasn't making enough money by only selling one packet of crisps once or twice a weekend. :D I've stopped being serious now. :)

Probably because political correctness isn't based on logic. If someone complains (usually a foreigner) something has to be about it even if it doesn't make sense.

Sponsored Links
Probably because political correctness isn't based on logic.
Maybe not, but businesses are based on profit.

If someone complains (usually a foreigner) something has to be about it even if it doesn't make sense.
Complete rubbish. The thing that's most out of control is the number of people now overusing such phrases as "PC gone mad", "limp-wristed lefties" and "bleeding heart brigade".

Normally i go out for a drink at the weekends and then get the bus home.
While waiting for my bus i like to have a packet of crisps from the vending machine in the station.
Last week I noticed a sign on the machine which said 'foreign coins are not accepted by this machine' this week when i went for my usual packet of crisps the machine was gone. When i asked the station manager where the machine had gone,he said that an immigrant had complained about the sign on the machine, and as a result the machine was taken for 'reprogramming' and was now a tumble dryer in a laundrette.

It may be a true story that that is what the station manager told you, but the rest is obviousl cobblers. I think he was having you on......

the machine was taken for 'reprogramming' and was now a tumble dryer in a laundrette.

This is the trouble with this world, machines from poor backgrounds are not given the chance they need in life these days , Had it been one of those fresh coffee bean machines we wouldnt be talking about laundrettes! It makes me sooo angry :evil:

Probably because political correctness isn't based on logic.
Maybe not, but businesses are based on profit.

If someone complains (usually a foreigner) something has to be about it even if it doesn't make sense.
Complete rubbish. The thing that's most out of control is the number of people now overusing such phrases as "PC gone mad", "limp-wristed lefties" and "bleeding heart brigade".
You forgot "Touchy feelys"didn't that used to be illegal at one time.

Sponsored Links
Back