Politically incorrect to show good manners

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I've been a member of DIYNOT for 4.5 years and can still only count Admin as my friend :(

Sponsored Links
I am very new on this forum but have noticed while looking through a few of the threads. I have noticed very, very high proportion of original posters who can’t seem to find the time to say thank you to those who have taken the time and trouble to offer advice. So I was wondering if it politically incorrect to show good manors, or do you need a special qualification to type in the words thank you. Then again is it a health and safety issue. Surly it can’t be just old fashioned bad manors?

Sorry but there are very,very few people today that can mutter thank you.

If you type on goggle or Yahoo or any search engine the name " Sylvan Tieger" or Tieger plumbing you will see I gave thousands of answers to and I can count on one hand how many people will evn say thank you.

Unfortunately we now live in the "ENTITLEMENT" generation were people think it is all coming to them and the world owes them free food ,free hosing ,free medical and they are allowed to ask for information but it is against their religious beliefs to say "thank you mate you saved me a lot of money and time"

These are the scum of the earth always asking but never giving anything back to society .

Look how some jump on a seat rather then help an elderly or disabled person.

The new world no longer has morals or personal respect.

Sorry but that is just the way it is not only on here but on most advice lists

You have dummies knocking others input but never offering sound advice.

its a strange thing but it depends which society you are in, for instance in sweden because everyone is ostensibly equal no one opens a door, and if you do you get some strange looks but never a tak ;)

its a strange thing but it depends which society you are in, for instance in sweden because everyone is ostensibly equal no one opens a door, and if you do you get some strange looks but never a tak ;)

Equal YES but for the elderly respect also counts for something and saying thank you is just common decency.

I suppose they also do not tip anyone for services rendered

Sponsored Links
I suppose they also do not tip anyone for services rendered
Nope they dont,

its a cultural thing, they dont sit there and try to work out 14%

you see the garbage man can earn and expect a similar lifesyle to a doctor

thats just the culture ;)

I once held a door for a tutor laden with files, followed immediately by a chap in a wheel chair, he looked at me and asked what the fu*K are you doing.

He said shut the fu*ki*g door i'm not that useless, and that it was disable discrimination. I shut the door and as I walked passed him the little t**t rammed me with his wheel chair.

Few days later same chap was struggling to cope with a wet slope, I smiled at him and said sorry not allowed to assist you.

Last time I saw him he was flat on his arse screaming abuse at everyone that walked past him. Obviously he had pis*ed off a lot of other student.

I once held a door for a tutor laden with files, followed immediately by a chap in a wheel chair, he looked at me and asked what the fu*K are you doing.

He said shut the fu*ki*g door i'm not that useless, and that it was disable discrimination. I shut the door and as I walked passed him the little t**t rammed me with his wheel chair.

if someone talks to you like that and they are in a wheel chair would it be frowned upon to knock him over?

;)

Few days later same chap was struggling to cope with a wet slope, I smiled at him and said sorry not allowed to assist you.

Last time I saw him he was flat on his a**e screaming abuse at everyone that walked past him. Obviously he had pis*ed off a lot of other student.

Sounds like a NO win no matter what you do

Last time I saw him he was flat on his a**e screaming abuse at everyone that walked past him. Obviously he had pis*ed off a lot of other student.

Sounds like a NO win no matter what you do

wouldnt you just shoot him??

;)

if you hold a door open for a woman, and she doesn't thank you or even acknowledge your presence but just breezes through ignoring you, remember it, and don't open a door for her again.
That's just churlish.

Did you hold the door because it was the courteous thing to do, and because you're a gentleman, or because you wanted thanks or acknowledgment?

No it's not, it's called common courtesy.

If someone holds a door open for me I say thanks ... Don't you?

MW

I'm not so bothered about the thanks, and judging from many forums a thank you button is better than a forum clogged up with thank you posts.

But it would be nice for the OP's to post back after they have done their DIY, to let us know what they did in the end, and if the advice worked or not.

BTW, many years ago I once opened a shop door for a disabled guy in a wheelchair, and he gave me a right stare and grumbled "I can do it". I said "I'm sure you can. Now lets see if you can get down those four steps" and then I walked off. He had to wheel himself back out and around to the other shop entrance. Served him right lol!

Sponsored Links
Back