Anyone up for a good old moan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just realised that it has been a long time since we have all had a good moan. We have been dominating our chat with issues of politics and political correctness.

Remember our many-paged discussions about foglights in non-foggy weather? Or people who fit blue LEDs all over their vehicles? *sigh*

I have racked my brains, and I can't really think of a non-political moan to start. Anyone got any ideas? Examples might include "why do people leave their used tea-bag on the draining board", "ever noticed how some people appear to drive around on a space-saver wheel for weeks?", "some b*stard keeps on breaking into my house and eating all the ham", "my wife went to B&Q and all I got was this lousy Consumer Unit".

Come on, we're English. Let's complain about SOMETHING. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
what to moan about... i kno. WTF does key skills communications have to do with bein an electrician? i mean, i already know how to speak english. why should i have to prove it. and do you have to prove you can speak english to connect a few wires together? its a waste of time. i could go on, and i will

ill also moan about my key skills lecturer at college. he doesnt help us much so atm i have done very little work and the deadline is gettin closer and closer. the other week he was talkin on his phone whist 'assessing' us. and he wonders why were all failin. i wish i didnt have to go to college

Could try listening to a few pokiticians to see how they manage to put across their case without in fact saying anything binding.

Ok, here's a good one - TOILET SEATS!!!!

My current situation has seen me having to leave the bliss which was having my own flat (king of the castle, as it were), and since my ex-boyfriend and I are still best of friends I'm living with him again for the time being (I'm now renting his spare room).

It has made me remember one of the reasons I moved out in the first place:

I don't care if you're male, female, gay, straight, or anything inbetween: The toilet seat goes DOWN. The lid GOES DOWN.

DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is that enough of a rant on a random enough subject?

Sponsored Links
Bl##dy frost Monday early !!! Always forgetting "Never cast a clout 'til May is out.."
Filling came out too ! Thermally shocking ! :evil:
:cry:

what about sticky tape! it never sticks to what ever it was designed to stick to but sticks to everything else, tiolet paper that dosnt tears on the perforation but tears vertically, how are you spose to wipe your asre on a postage stamp!!? and speaking of stamps how often does that tear off the perforation, they can get a teapot to land on a planet millions of miles away so why is it so difficult to design a teapot spout that dosnt drip? :rolleyes:

ninebob said:
Ok, here's a good one - TOILET SEATS!!!!

My current situation has seen me having to leave the bliss which was having my own flat (king of the castle, as it were), and since my ex-boyfriend and I are still best of friends I'm living with him again for the time being (I'm now renting his spare room).

It has made me remember one of the reasons I moved out in the first place:

I don't care if you're male, female, gay, straight, or anything inbetween: The toilet seat goes DOWN. The lid GOES DOWN.

DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is that enough of a rant on a random enough subject?

Ninebob - which are you - male, female, gay, straight, or anything inbetween???

I lived in a house-full of girls once and so, to avoid the possibility of earache, made sure I always sat down whatever the purpose of my visit, and its just stuck with me ever since. Nice to have a bit of a relax really........

Mind you, I think its OK for the lid to stay up.

Problem with keeping the lid up, is when you flush the toilet you get a fine mist of toilet contents coming out of the toilet. This of course ends up spreading germs. And what is the point in flushing with seat down then lifting seat up?

Plus it makes it fairer because NEITHER gender finds the toilet in a useable state when they reach it. WHY do women have a fear of accidentally sitting on the porcelain? We have to check the seat is up, surely they can check it is down!

I will tell you what my pet hate is though... toilet seats that won't stay up. It's a feminist conspiracy I tell you, seats that you lift up, but flop down again. Generally mid-stream. WHY?!?!?!

Toilet seats are no big deal. How much effort is involved in putting the thing up or down? If you want a real moan try removing one of those abominable sticky labels that has glue stronger than the actual label.

Start at one corner. Easy does it now, not too fast. B****x, the label is tearing at one edge. Try another corner, even more carefully this time. Ever so slowly we ease the label off. An edge begins to tear but the thumbnail comes to the rescue. We're back on track then --

B****X!!! You spot a tear starting up IN THE MIDDLE of the infernal thing! Last chance. Try the opposite end ---

The rest you can guess. I've now got a tattered label along with meths, acetone, sugical spirit, methylene chloride and a very large whisky. Which one do I drink and which one do I use on that label - and do I care any more?

How about moaning about moaners? :LOL:

Sorry, someone had to say it so it might as well be me :LOL:

Only time to worry about a 'lid' is when you are about to be looking at it - for eternity !! :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back