Anyone up for a good old moan?

Sponsored Links
yoghurt pots.i bought a yoghurt the other day but when i looked at the crdboard pot underneath there was about 1cm of wasted space :eek: where if it went to the bottom as in plastic tubs you know you are getting what you pay for.what about unleaded petrol?have been informed that by using a low ron content fuel could cost me about 30 bhp :eek: the price of higher content ron is alot more expensive than standard unleaded.

people were ringing me up all the time from india.3g/telecom something or other :evil: as i am exdirectory and the only peolpe who know my number is work,school,family.so when the phones rings i expect it to be one of the 3 listed.the other night i had 3 calls in 40 minutes at nearly 9.00am :evil: :evil: mobile phones sales from a call center in india.I had previousley contact BT about the problem and registered with 2 companys that take you off the calling list so that their computer if it randomly generated my no. it would not allow them to call.yeah right :evil: so i rang BT again and was put through to a call center in india were i let rip about it and the young lady replied in indian :eek: that i should get a pen and paper to write down some numbers.when i told her i had registered with these companies to stop the cold selling i demanded to have my number changed.she replied would i like to be included in the directory. :mad: :mad: it was quite upsetting at times as my gran is in hospital with not long to live,so everytime the phone goes its panic time.most general forms that people have to fill in will not be accepted if the home number is omitted.if i want someone to know my number i will tell them what it is.moan over for now.

I very politely regale them with "Well hello, this sounds promising, hang on a mo" - place the phone to one side and QFO -- Give 'em about 7 mins, you know ! that period between adverts on the fools lantern..
At least I do not play musak .. now there is a thought .. ... Pakistan national anthem should do the trick !!
Doesn't really cost their company much tho,' they only pay in old co-op checks.

BTW Not sure but overseas call centres not regulated as here are they ?
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
I belong to that generation who, according to the series Grumpy Old Men, are the grumpiest generation in history - and it's official! I find this a bit odd because, sticky labels aside, I don't really have too much to grump about.

Think about it. We are the first generation in history who will never get polio or diptheria and - in the UK at least - have never be forced to fight in anybody's war. We were the first to be actively encouraged to stay on into the sixth form and beyond - and given grants to help us do it. We are without doubt the best educated generation that has ever existed since ancient times.

We started the sexual revolution and won - homo sapiens ten establishment nil. We abolished the generation gap and made a laughing stock of the class system. We made it acceptable to go out in the wrong trousers and no hat. We walked on the moon.

So what have we got to grump about? Mobile phones? We can live with them or should I say we can live without them. Tele-salespersons? A bunch of pests but we can always hang up. Tele-salespersons selling us mobile phones? Don't get me started! Too late ---

Ohmygodwhathaveyoudone, you are not alone. I have also been plagued by tele-sales pests trying to sell me a "three" phone I don't want. Why don't I want it? Partly because 364 days out of 365 I have no need of anybody's mobile phone but mostly because they are probably the biggest bunch of cowboys in the whole grubby mobile phone business. British Rail pork pies pickled in astatine come to mind. I have yet to hear anybody who has a good word for them - except of course their salesmen!

They ring you up and it goes something like this (invariably in a foreign accent):

"Good evening sir. How are you today?"

"Fine. What are you selling me?" Thinks; why am I talking to this prat?

"Oh no. I am not selling anything. I am ringing to tell you that you qualify for a free mobile phone and --"

"Hold it right there. Is this phone contract or pay as you go?" as if I didn't know already but it throws them every time.

"Oh of course it is a contract phone but ---"

"No thanks. I only ever use pay as you go." Hang up phone.

So far so good but this lot don't give up so easily. They ring back!

"Ah, good evening again sir. Can you please tell me how much you normally spend on your pay as you go phones?"

At this point there is a small nuclear explosion. "IT'S NONE OF YOUR B****Y BUSINESS NOW CLEAR OFF"

Undeterred they ring AGAIN. Can you believe it!!!

"Good evening sir. We would like to offer you a free mobile phone and there'll be nothing to pay for the first year."

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard that one before."

"Oh yes indeed sir. The first twelve months are completely free."

"And I suppose you'll be wanting my credit card details in advance."

"Ah yes but the first --"

"SOD OFF"

They haven't rung back - yet.

Grump time over, here's an idea for a simple device to deal with tele-sales pests. Long ago I saw a spoof advert for the British Telecom Telephone Ignoring Machine but it occurred to me that such a device could be really usefull. Here is my idea for the real thing, published on the internet so that anybody, anywhere can market it.

It's a box that goes between the phone and the socket. It detects the ring tone and, after a user selectable number of rings, it simulates the lifting and dropping of the handset. Simple but effective don't you think!

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
people were ringing me up all the time from india.
Me too and they won't take no for an answer. They can't even say my surname which is Mr. Mason and they call me Mr Maidstone (well that what it sound like) :LOL: You can call the Government supported Telephone Preference Service on 0845 070 0707 or register online Tpsonline They reckon up to 97% of unwanted calls can be stopped by registering with the service.

If you want to stop junk mail call on 0845 703 4599 or register online Mpsonline

last night someone rang and asked for my wife?after the 4sec pause the usual indian voice was heard.I went ballistic and told her to f*** off.2mins later the same but a man this time and i asked what it was in connection with and he said "its barclaycard enquiring about a platinum card :oops: :oops: :oops: I had to apologise and explained about all the cold calls we where getting.hav'nt told the wife yet. :eek:

last night someone rang and asked for my wife?after the 4sec pause the usual indian voice was heard.I went ballistic and told her to f*** off.2mins later the same but a man this time and i asked what it was in connection with and he said "its barclaycard enquiring about a platinum card :oops: :oops: :oops: I had to apologise and explained about all the cold calls we where getting.hav'nt told the wife yet. :eek:

Had about four consecutive calls a while back .. gave up on my 'naice' but pretty quiet approach .... "What in hell d'you bl##dy well want now ? blah, blah" -- arch grumpiness himself .. About to chuck phone onto cradle .. realise it is a friend :oops: :oops:
Actually a little concerned here -- If there is a credit / debit card unusual action compared with normal transaction profile I believe the bank may ring - --- Oooer ! Better to listen before raging !!
:D :D :D :D

pipme said:

Had about four consecutive calls a while back .. gave up on my 'naice' but pretty quiet approach .... "What in hell d'you bl##dy well want now ? blah, blah" -- arch grumpiness himself .. About to chuck phone onto cradle .. realise it is a friend :oops: :oops:
Actually a little concerned here -- If there is a credit / debit card unusual action compared with normal transaction profile I believe the bank may ring - --- Oooer ! Better to listen before raging !!
should have listened before as you say but was at the time glossing the front room and the dog got in when i answered the phone.very fine labby dog hairs + paint =rub down and start again :evil:
:D :D :D :D

masona said:
You can call the Government supported Telephone Preference Service on 0845 070 0707 or register online Tpsonline They reckon up to 97% of unwanted calls can be stopped by registering with the service.

And if they still call you when you're on the opt-out list then you can ask them if they know that they are breaking the law ;)

Works everytime: do you know our phone number is on the opt-out lists? No? Aren't you supposed to check that list every month? Well now, what was the company name again, so I can report you to TPS for breaking the law.

pipme said:
I very politely regale them with "Well hello, this sounds promising, hang on a mo" - place the phone to one side and QFO -- Give 'em about 7 mins, you know ! that period between adverts on the fools lantern.

done that before. some **** call centre once phoned me to try and sell me some stuff. i told them to hold and put the phone next to my speaker. i decided to cut him off after 15 mins.

I'm not old (well, 35, but its all relative) but I have come up against the first thing for 'the kids' that I genuinely don't understand. WTF is that crazy frog all about ??

OK - I understand why someone might want there phone to play a tune from the hit parade, but why that 'parum-pum-pum-peeeeeeeeeeeeeee' noise. And what about the pictures - do they actually come up on your screen if you have a fancy enough phone ?

And who buys it - Obviously enough people, if they can afford to advertise during Corrie, and 1000 other times, but why ? I've never heard anyone's phone do it.

And why has the frog got a knob ?

And as for that Sweety the Chick........

Can someone please explain it to me. I feel old.

jtaunton said:
And who buys it - Obviously enough people, if they can afford to advertise during Corrie, and 1000 other times, but why ? I've never heard anyone's phone do it.

Can someone please explain it to me. I feel old.

I'm 40,and don't understand it either (maybe it is a generation thing ;) )

And I have never heard anybody with it as a ringtone :eek:

Right, The Crazy Frog. You can blame Sweden for that one. Seriously. This guy from Gothenburg recorded himself doing the voice as a teenager, taking the p*ss out of his mates with mopeds. Then a couple of years ago someone did the 3-D animation that went with it. It was called "The Annoying Thing", and can be downloaded here. Then, more recently, a mobile phone/ringtone company bought it and started selling it. THAT is when it became "I want to kill someone, bring them back to life and then kill them some more" annoying. I downloaded it onto my mate's laptop, placed it on the other side of the room and set it on repeat play, one afternoon when he couldn't be a**ed to get out of his seat. :LOL: :evil:

You are quite right in noting the p*nis: male frogs do NOT have a p*nis. Why would they need one? They are spawning animals. The female lays her eggs, and the male then just puts the icing on the top, so to speak.

I heard someone with it as a ringtone in a local pub that is popular amongst the drinkers of questionable legality, and without any ability to hold it back just shouted out "What the bl**dy f**k?! Some t**t has actually bought that ringtone?!". Got a few odd looks :oops:

NOTE: If you google for "amphibian p*nis", one of the results you get is "When a amphibian penis huge massive black c*ck is hot, an notable black lady farts bestowed great honor upon another famous black americans in science" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back