Polygamy no fun, admits Ethiopian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An Ethiopian man with 11 wives and 77 children is urging people not to follow his example and is giving advice on family planning and contraception.
After seeing his fortune disappear under the competing demands of his enormous family, Ayattu Nure, 56, even urges people not to get married.

"I want my children to be farmers but I have no land, I want them to go to school but I have no money," he says.

But his eldest son has not heeded Mr Ayattu's advice and he has three wives.

Relative Link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4720457.stm

What are your views ?

Sponsored Links
One wife is more than enough :confused: , who the f--k would want 11???

Right, so an average of 7 children per wife... yet Bob Jerkoff tells us that it is OUR fault they are poor and hungry.

And humans are pretty much 50:50 in the gender department. Some animals you get 5 females to a male, but with humans it's 1:1, near enough. So what about the 10 blokes who don't get a wife because of this guy?

Another thing... 56 years old? He looks about 80. The stress of 11 wives! Henry VIII was King of England and his life was so pampered that he even had a guy to wipe his bum... yet he only managed 6 wives and still died young!

Right, so let's break this down. He's 56 now, let's assume that, being in Ethiopia, he had his first child at 16... hey, not everyone has children as early as we English! So, that's an average of nearly 2 kids per year.

Simon... SIMON! WAKE UP MAN! As a new father, how would you rate the prospect of another sprog every 6 months for the next 40 years?

they do it to make sure his offspring will look after him when he is old as no one else will

Sponsored Links
bbc.co.uk said:
His wives have given birth to more than 100 children but 23 have died...

..However, he blames Ethiopia's government for not doing more to help him look after all his children.

its ridiculous, you shouldn't have children unless you can afford them. and now he expects the government to help him??

the world's way overpopulated as it is. governments should stop ignoring this very serious problem, and do something about overpopulation, such as imposing child limits, and removing all state subsidies of 'child-making' (ie child benefits etc..). these will be very unpopular moves, but the public have to realise that their own lives would benefit from a lower population.

His holiness Bob Geldolf puts forward the television images
of young children dying through lack of malnutrition and basic
medical care in order to obtain contributions of people like you and I.
However, is a lot of it not self inflicted.?

The United Nations study report of Ethiopia recently stated :-

We need to make sure the rate of growth of the population is commensurate with the development of the country," he told a launch of the latest State of the World Population report in Addis Ababa.

The report notes that the Ethiopian population has now topped 70 million.

Ethiopia - reeling from a humanitarian crisis affecting 13 million people - has the third largest population in Africa. By 2050 it is estimated it will have reached 171 million.

The government and international donors have acknowledged that the enormous population growth in the country is hampering the fight against food insecurity

Consider if China had no ,'Family Planning Control' ? It is estimated
that if China had the same population growth as Ethiopia then
the whole WORLD in a short period would have food shortages
similar to Ethiopia.

My opinion is that

'Mother Nature' decides the number of children you should have according
to the land. This effects animals as well as human beings.

It is time for serious education relative to birth control rather than
support a population by providing food and money that in the future
will only create further difficulties.

The only country in the world that can easily sustain its population
with food production is the U.S.A..

one of my posts which was taken off mentioned this for not just africans but for all of us

we need to adopt chinas way of sorts 1 child per couple would be a tad harsh but 2 would seem ok to me

some religious bodies here want 5 6 7 and more as they are intent on making there numbers up to match the ones in power

no birth control etc gods will blah blah

more like some hidden agendas by man as always

why else would anyone have more then 1 2 or 3 children

either to look after you when your older or to make some sort of army up ?

wake up time is here

Back