Poor Brick work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This week our neighbor had some brickwork laid for the start of their extension. I noticed the footings were laid were slightly uneven one end. Anyway they laid the first two courses of blocks without seemingly correcting the level by adjusting the first course onto the footings/foundations. The bricky apparently approached my neighbour and said hey dont worry about the uneven rises, the first course of bricks that goes on top of these 2 courses of blockwork from ground level up will level all this out. Should they be concerned it looks very uneven to me.

1652820970891.png

1652821172823.png

Sponsored Links
That’s wrong

it has not been laid by a bricklayer

the first course is laid level, the unevenness is taken out by the mortar between foundation and block.

It’s happened I guess because it’s down in a bit of a trench and access is awkward….or they haven’t got a clue.

I’m sure a pro brickie would trowel off the mortar as went - it’s like an automatic reaction

Sponsored Links
Did the 'brickie' have a guide dig helping him?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back