Poor quality plumbing tradesman on site - photos added -am I being too harsh?

I would expect a standard bent pan connector would achieve that. If not a bent flexible. I’m not a big fan of those though.

Probably to get the best finish the cold inlet would need to be cut down and tile removed from boxing. Fit offset connector as posted by someone above.

Sponsored Links
Even so, as a qualified plumber, he should have been able to find a suitable arrangement. Maybe your swan neck with a mcalpine WC-CON-EXT. Doesn't help your dilemma regarding payment though .

'Qualified' he's done a full time course, which he's paid for and so cannot fail to get his 'qualifications' what's worrying is this guy has G3. . apparently..

FFS 's , get the fooker back if you have any balls ,if not pay up and stop whinging or get the misses to sort it out ;):ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
FFS - really? I have come on here for some help ......

****deleted

just get someone recommended as this could easily be sorted out but just don't go for the cheap option thou then you'll get what you want

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS - really? I have come on here for some help .

The help came in two parts I'm afraid; the first part confirming the job was crap, and how it should have been done, and the second part told you what you have to do next, so it's really pre-empting what happens when the guy contacts to you for payment - but whilst it could have been put a bit more politely, it does sum up the situation.

Chill out ? ....look at the state of my bog - excuse me for not recognising you rather poor toilet humour

Review websites are a waste of time, often the customer is asked to rate the trader the minute they have left the job also most are just price driven anyway.

Plumbers in general love to take the Mickey mate and yes we can see you are stressed out with that abortion of supposed plumber
Give him a shout and explain you are not happy at all with the job and give him the opportunity to put it right
If not then materials have to be paid for.If he supplied them, as for labour he should be paying you!
This is run of the mill plumbing works and doesnt take an exceptional plumber to do it right,you seemed to have had a CCC in!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back