Positive comments only

I believe these days it's also much more common / mandatory in certain cases for helmets to be worn
I've never skied without one. We go in Feb so it keeps your noggin warm too and you can clip your goggles to the helmet.

I have never known such a fussy demanding rig-heavy holiday. Worse than golf. There must be 60 kilo luggage difference between a Benners holiday and a ski break.:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned that the track & trace contact rate is up to 93%!!!!! How good is that!

Sponsored Links
We have an 8' tree in the lounge, fully decorated and lit up etc. Got an work email last night asking if anyone was willing to take the college tree home on Friday as it would "otherwise be all sad and lonely on it's own at Christmas." (The words of the female staff member who was responsible for the email). Of course it 'tugged' at my wifes heartstrings and she said we should take it. At first I refused but eventually agreed to take it on the condition that absolutely no one else wanted to take it. So I explained in a return mail that if "absolutely no one else was willing to take it" then I would take it on a last refusal basis. 5 minutes later a staff email was posted exclaiming her delight that I had agreed to take the 12' tree and it's stand on Friday and return the stand in January when we return to work.

Do you think I have been stitched up? :whistle:

I think I agree with you. They don't even know each other! :eek:

It's going to be fun wrapping it in clingfilm and strapping it to the roof of my car. Little does my boss know he is giving me a hand to do it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My 17 year old son, who was already Isolating due to someone in his class testing positive 5 days earlier, was noticeably coughing regularly last Saturday evening. I (dismissing protests) went online & booked him a covid test. We got an appointment 3 miles away the next morning.
Very organised on arrival & strict distancing rules. Excellent.
Got results 12.30am Tuesday (38 hours later) Negative! Phew!
Anyway, after checking. We are up to between 300000 & 500000 a day!!!!!!
I think it's incredible how far we have cone in the last 12 months.
The logistics of everything is mind boggling. From testing to vaccines (I got a text from NHS 2 hours ago saying they will notify me when it is my turn for the vaccine) credit where credit is due, this period has been unprecedented & a massive learning process. Mistakes have been made but how could mistakes not have been made ? PPE was missing, now it's not. Ventilators were in short supply, now they are not.
Testing was struggling, now it's not. Track & trace was a complete mess, now we are all over it like a rash. Then vaccine procurement............ we are GREAT BRITAIN AND SHOULD BE PROUD.

I hit a patch of dry sand going round a corner right at the end of the Manchester to Blackpool bike ride in 2009 and came off. Boy that hurt!

Did that on a tarmaced path through the local woods on my MTB couple of years ago on a fastish corner with a thin covering of gravel. Did bloody hurt but most worrying bit was almost going off edge of path down steep bank. :eek:

I think I agree with you. They don't even know each other! :eek:

It's going to be fun wrapping it in clingfilm and strapping it to the roof of my car. Little does my boss know he is giving me a hand to do it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Got to be worth a few quid to someone, or maybe there's a local children's home or hospice, might be a little late I guess but someone somewhere would be grateful.

Got to be worth a few quid to someone, or maybe there's a local children's home or hospice, might be a little late I guess but someone somewhere would be grateful.

That was our first thought, but a few phone calls showed those sort of places already had theirs set up and decorated or didn't have the funds for extra decorations, so we have decided to put it on our garden for anyone passing to view.

a thin covering of gravel.
That's really painful.
As a teen, I came off my bike on an icy gravelly corner and ripped skin off my knee. I looked down and could see the white of the bone underneath. An old lady passing with her dog said "Get up lad, there's nowt wrong wi yer!"

Sponsored Links
Back