Post the best photo you took today

Sponsored Links
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've done that ba few times cutting through floor boards.

Andy

Years ago, a plumber (from Potters Bar funnily enough), told me he had taken up some floor boards and needed to cut quite a few more to take up, so he measured the thickness of the boards and set the depth of the circular saw blade to a rizzla paper shy of the board thickness. He shat himself when he went through a cold water mains pressure pipe, took him about five minutes to recover, get to and turn off the mains. somebody had cut the joists for the pipes to run through and one joist wasn't cut deep enough so the board wouldn't sit flush, so they took a quarter inch off the back of the board.

Sponsored Links
Found the leak but not fixed yet. Heavily pitted iron is a nightmare to work on.
You know that course don’t you Andy?
72918364-2C39-467A-975B-F84843D56A29.jpeg

Attachments

• 3B41DDE7-435F-4067-8E9D-254F0A41893C.jpeg
    3B41DDE7-435F-4067-8E9D-254F0A41893C.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Years ago, a plumber (from Potters Bar funnily enough), told me he had taken up some floor boards and needed to cut quite a few more to take up, so he measured the thickness of the boards and set the depth of the circular saw blade to a rizzla paper shy of the board thickness. He shat himself when he went through a cold water mains pressure pipe, took him about five minutes to recover, get to and turn off the mains. somebody had cut the joists for the pipes to run through and one joist wasn't cut deep enough so the board wouldn't sit flush, so they took a quarter inch off the back of the board.
I was working in a house with chipboard flooring, set the saw to less than board depth, when I lifted the trap I saw I had polished the top of a central heating pipe

Well done! I always set the circular saw depth to the exact board depth

TBJ. You locate the suspect area & just dig. I pump the water out as I go. When you get to a reasonable depth, you allow it to pool with water, stir the water up so that it’s muddy then study the water carefully looking for little trails of clean water appearing through the muddy water.
Follow the trails!

TBJ. You locate the suspect area & just dig. I pump the water out as I go. When you get to a reasonable depth, you allow it to pool with water, stir the water up so that it’s muddy then study the water carefully looking for little trails of clean water appearing through the muddy water.
Follow the trails!

So how do you go about repairing iron pipes, or do you?
I'm thinking if it's rusted through in one place it will be almost rusted through everywhere?

So how do you go about repairing iron pipes, or do you?
I'm thinking if it's rusted through in one place it will be almost rusted through everywhere?
That's what I was thinking!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fitting a socket in a customer's bedroom. Marked the box in pencil on the wallpaper and stitch drilled the first hole.

There was a metallic rattle, so I stopped drilling and gingerly dug about with a thin bladed screwdriver.

I found a 15mm copper pipe either side of the hole I had drilled.

Closest I have ever been!

Forced a screw through a floorboard into a gas pipe in my ex FILO's many years ago. We were sitting down having a fag because I'd finished a full re-wire and just put the last board in place. I thought I could hear a hissing noise so we both got down on our hands and knees to search where the noise was coming from. Fag in hand we suddenly realised what it was making the noise. LOL

Sponsored Links
Back