Post the best photo you took today

I took this last night at sunset. El Teide is on the left and the dark cloud on the right is the ash cloud from the volcano that has been erupting on La Palma for the last six weeks.
20211030_192707.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I don't get the fad of paying megabucks for a rattly old camper with zero facilities, when you can get a modern one with central heating, bathroom, kitchen ... for similar money

I don't get the fad of paying megabucks for a rattly old camper with zero facilities, when you can get a modern one with central heating, bathroom, kitchen ... for similar money
PT Barnum summed it up succinctly .
Though if the process is earning someone money, and is recycling things that would otherwise be dumped, then I can see nothing wrong with it (apart from the cost and image).

Nostalgia for going to the loo on a porta potty & freezing in cold weather, been there done that never going back

Nostalgia for going to the loo on a porta potty & freezing in cold weather, been there done that never going back
As with most 'classic' cars, they are bought/built by those who lusted after them as a teenager but couldn't afford it. Now, grown up with mortgage paid, kids off hand and money to burn they finally get to own it. Generally there's two joys of owning a lusted after classic - the day you buy it and the day you sell it although the VW campers are a bit of an iconic vehicle.

As with most 'classic' cars, they are bought/built by those who lusted after them as a teenager but couldn't afford it. Now, grown up with mortgage paid, kids off hand and money to burn they finally get to own it. Generally there's two joys of owning a lusted after classic - the day you buy it and the day you sell it although the VW campers are a bit of an iconic vehicle.
Agree with sentence one, although I disagree with the final one. I love mine every time I take it out for a spin… :D

Sponsored Links
Back