Post the best photo you took today

Sponsored Links
VW combi is a terrible vehicle in a crash.
Give me my Swift Sundance any day, fitted kitchen , big fridge, microwave, bathroom, heating, hot water, smooth diesel engine, airbags, PSA, stereo, integral TV

Are any old classics 'safe'?
:D

upload_2021-11-3_19-26-54.png

Sponsored Links
A couple of shots of the back of Bramall Hall.

Amazing to think in the 20s it went to auction and it it failed to sell, the owner was going to knock it down.

In the end, the then President of Manchester United bought it for £15K, around £860K today.
Imagine a 14 C house and 70 acres for that much!

IMG_20211114_155943_246.jpg
IMG_20211114_155641_248.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_155626_066.jpg
    IMG_20211114_155626_066.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 42
20,000 litres of Moravia's finest. View of refrigerated tank room behind bar area -

And from street outside -

For anyone who likes their beer, in CZ beer from tanks as opposed to portable barrels is regarded as the way to store beer so that it is in the best condition possible when served. There is a bladder/diaphragm inside the tank. Air is forced into the tank one side of the diaphragm, which pushes on the beer and forces it out to the tap. This way no air or gases come into contact with the beer. Similar to a giant expansion vessel for any plumbers out there.

Are any old classics 'safe'?

When I was manning the Police recovery contract we pulled in a fatal RTA between an Audi A4 & a classic Mk2 Cortina.

This was an estimated 40+mph head on collision, the Cortina on it's way home from a summers eve pub car park meet & the Audi driven by a harrassed & Vbusy yummie mummy who skillfully managed to balance driving the car, attending to 2x feral kids on the back seat & txt'ing her fanbase all at the same time.

Back at the yard & for some time afterwards, we guided several interested parties in examining the relative damages.

The Cortina, he died instantly as the steering column thrust into & crushed his ribcage, just as well cos' the gearbox took his left arm off as it travelled towards the back seat. If he had survived he wouldn't ever walk again, the pedals were all up against the seat base.

The Audi, there was a visibly strange gap where the front doors met the B post, the bonnet was a bit crumpled & the boot wouldn't open when you pressed the button. All in all I reckon £200's worth of donor parts & it'd be back on the road.

St Andrews Church, Hornchurch, showing the horns that the town of the Horned Church is named after. These ones are replacements - some tea-leaf climbed up and nicked the originals about 15 or so years ago.

E2914FF3-D7F9-4B01-A698-AEAAE7714DF3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back