Post the best photo you took today

After Germany's planned invasion of Britain, Joachim von Ribbentrop, Adolf Hitler's foreign minister claimed first dibs on St Michaels Mount as his home.
That would have been ironic, Cornwall is in my opinion the most racist place in the uk.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Based on what? Not necessarily disagreeing just curious as to what you base that on?

It’s tongue in cheek, because @fillyboy is Cornish.

The cornish are very protective of their "national" identity.

Like some of the English.
Conundrum being though, when pressed, those same English struggle to define what their national identity is.

I don't want to get into too much of a discussion about it, I'm not Cornish, I'm from just outside London but lived here about 18 years. I've made many good friends but equally I have friends who will never fully accept me because I'm an outsider. If I didn't have white skin, I'd likely have no friends at all.
Coastal towns are better because of the annual influx, they've 'adjusted', some of the inland ex mining towns can be quite daunting.
It's improved in recent years, but I still see and hear things that shock me.
Having an Irish heritage has helped, some see me as a fellow Celt.
In terms of being racist, it's probably on a par with North Wales.

some of the inland ex mining towns can be quite daunting.

This.

No different to anywhere else, where your horizon is the same table in the local Spoons, or WM / Constitutional club.

Many people are afraid of change, and of different.
The smaller their world, be that geographical and/or educational, the more they feel afraid of.

I don't want to get into too much of a discussion about it, I'm not Cornish, I'm from just outside London but lived here about 18 years. I've made many good friends but equally I have friends who will never fully accept me because I'm an outsider. If I didn't have white skin, I'd likely have no friends at all.
Coastal towns are better because of the annual influx, they've 'adjusted', some of the inland ex mining towns can be quite daunting.
It's improved in recent years, but I still see and hear things that shock me.
Having an Irish heritage has helped, some see me as a fellow Celt.
In terms of being racist, it's probably on a par with North Wales.
Redruth and Camborne ? I’ve worked in both and I get that.

Until this weekend I’d forgotten how Cornish blokes can be.

I’ve got 30 years experience with Cornwall now. One of my favourite places in the world. But it can be so unpredictable

Sponsored Links
Back