Post the best photo you took today

Screenshot_20191013_200619_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Pw9LncI3m84RdEoy2pc9ybxMACCO2FARYC7Ouw_bLGq5BK468dv11V6oo3S_nCPGkSz_dZh_bbU7E5cWEVqG850sQyJ6ewIQSbyDCg4gmVKbptayX7gs=w673

I took a photo of one of these yesterday but I can't find it on my 'phone now, because I took it with Google Lens (in order to identify it).
It was pretty big, and I thought it was a hornet.
T'was in a pub beer garden in Formby.

Volucella zonaria

How is it "oop North"?

Are you managing to survive?

Actually, we love it up here. Different, er, type of people - much more friendlier than down south. We usually rent a cottage and come up at least twice a year. This year we are staying on a farm, miles from anywhere so nice and quiet. Lots of nice walks with the dog and plenty of dog friendly pubs and restaurants. This time has been particularly enjoyable as our son, his partner and our 9 month old grandson came up for a long weekend. They’ve gone home now so we can have a rest and go back to leaving our cups of tea/coffee/wine within arms reach! Fair worn us out as the little fella has just starting to pull himself up on things and he doesn’t sit still for a minute. Here he is creeping up on me to nick a biscuit. Again.

8B3E8804-0037-4034-AA0C-EAEB70A29261.jpeg

Went to Chatsworth house today - here’s a pic of our dog with Chatsworth in the background.

6838A1AF-C964-4E46-A62A-FF958DAD6CB5.jpeg

Out to a local pub tonight as it’s 'steak night' in the pub - two steak meals with all the trimmings and a bottle of wine for £30. Bargain!

Sponsored Links
Back