Post the best photo you took today

Bodd: Little shop of horrors!

Mot: You chopped off the parsnips "willy" just in case. Just in case of what, exactly?? :)

Nice roasties BTW!
Did they all go in at the same time?

Sponsored Links
Mot: You chopped off the parsnips "willy" just in case. Just in case of what, exactly?? :)

Nice roasties BTW!
Did they all go in at the same time?

In case people on here started talking about me. :rolleyes:

Nah, I did the spuds earlier and took them out 20 mins before they were done (when cooled, half of them went into the freezer for another day). Par boiled the beets and 'snips and roasted them for about 50 mins, putting the spuds back in with them for the last 20 mins.

Sponsored Links
images (2).jpeg
who would not wish to tackle that all black.Release boys,RELEASE

Not quite sure where I am. Approx 70miles ESE of Athens.

Attachments

• 9A0A9548-F8A6-42FA-A536-6DE365D21E3C.jpeg
    9A0A9548-F8A6-42FA-A536-6DE365D21E3C.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 68
More deformed parsnips from my plot. Dunno what I’m doing wrong. First lot of parsnips never took, second lot I planted as seedlings from a tray. These are the last of that crop, the other lot which are my Christmas dinner lot, I put into prepared soil bed but tried something I read about. By all accounts, parsnips are hard to grow/transplant so I grew a batch in good compost, individually in toilet roll tubes and transplanted the tube when big enough without disturbing the plant. We'll see! Mind you, they all taste nice. :mrgreen:
66166E74-248B-40F2-A1E7-ECC3BDD139BA.jpeg

They'll taste as good, if not better, than the straight ones you buy in the shops.
Little bit of honey drizzled over them and pop in the oven to roast. M'mmm.

More deformed parsnips from my plot. Dunno what I’m doing wrong. First lot of parsnips never took, second lot I planted as seedlings from a tray. These are the last of that crop, the other lot which are my Christmas dinner lot, I put into prepared soil bed but tried something I read about. By all accounts, parsnips are hard to grow/transplant so I grew a batch in good compost, individually in toilet roll tubes and transplanted the tube when big enough without disturbing the plant. We'll see! Mind you, they all taste nice. :mrgreen:
View attachment 174762

Where do you live? Chernobyl? :eek::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Lol. I did wonder if there was something up with the soil - our allotments are on top of an old landfill site from the fifties by all accounts. :confused:

At least it was good ol' honest landfill ; not like the modern shoite that is dumped nowadays. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back