Post the best photo you took today

Some fish stats from the site

Here is the Fishing Report for Thursday 16th July.

Louis brought 5 brown trout to the nest today.

This gives a running total of 348 fish since Louis and Aila reunited on April 6:

330 brown trout 4 silver tourists 11 flatfish 3 pike

Sponsored Links
IMG_0802.jpg

Sponsored Links
That nights BBQ must have been a disappointment

We collected a load of mussles and cockles. Took them back to eat that night.
Filled the pan with water turned on the gas......

Could not do it..... me and the girls took them up and freed them in the harbour to live another day.

there was no emotional farewell, we said good bye and good luck, they just clammed up and sank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to go cockling in my youth, part of the local culture, but don't have much taste for them now, haute cuisine back in the day was a jar of cockles tipped into a packet of crisps

I used to go cockling in my youth, part of the local culture, but don't have much taste for them now, haute cuisine back in the day was a jar of cockles tipped into a packet of crisps
Was winkles for us..Picked out with a needle.Mussels as a treat.

I used to go cockling in my youth
Same here during holidays in Leysdown in the isle of Sheppy. Used to get loads of 'em. Took my kids back there about 30 years later to show them where we holidayed and what we did and I couldn’t find a single cockle. There were a few others looking for cockles and Mrs Mottie was ****ing herself laughing at all us East End peasants foraging for our tea! I must have lost my touch as it seems they are still there.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheern...ckle-pickers-are-raping-kents-beaches-228278/

Same here during holidays in Leysdown in the isle of Sheppy. Used to get loads of 'em. Took my kids back there about 30 years later to show them where we holidayed and what we did and I couldn’t find a single cockle. There were a few others looking for cockles and Mrs Mottie was ****ing herself laughing at all us East End peasants foraging for our tea! I must have lost my touch as it seems they are still there.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheern...ckle-pickers-are-raping-kents-beaches-228278/
Went to Whitstable a week ago..They used to collect 100million oysters every year to take to London...Wow...no wonder numbers dwindled.

Sponsored Links
Back