Post the best photo you took today

The horns on our local church of.....Hornchurch! Where else but the town of the horned church? :whistle:

31AB2046-AC64-451D-9AA7-B66EB83E40D1.jpeg

It has an unusual stained glass window with a Ford Fiesta incorporated into it in tribute to the workers that used to work at Fords in Dagenham.

35F2F690-AB4E-4556-827D-8120C5161A04.jpeg

And next to the church is the very end of our original High Street. A tad different from the other end!

FE8718C8-7D88-45C8-8BBB-FD60694D282A.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Nice pics!

Have you got of view of the lane looking the other way?

Nice pics!

Have you got of view of the lane looking the other way?
Sorry, no. I was almost at the end of it. In the screenshot from below, the green line is the High Street with an 'x' marking approximately where I was standing facing towards the church when I took the photo. It carries on in yellow to a spooky redneck type house behind a gate at the end of the road. Never seen anyone coming or going to it but I have seen the post van going down there a few times.

0E47CE53-5B66-4670-8621-1E7FBBE21789.jpeg

This is as far as I can zoom in. I don't suppose it could be a property associated with the sub station?

Looks run down.

upload_2020-7-6_15-6-8.png

Sponsored Links
No. I’m pretty sure it’s a private property, I’ve been up to the gates. Looks like an old hermit lives there. Creepy. The sub station had its own drive and entrance gate.

Is it near the aerodrome?

Does the old house have a veranda with brick pillars?

Is it near the aerodrome?

Does the old house have a veranda with brick pillars?
Not really near the aerodrome, that's in Upminster. No, no veranda that I can remember - only seen it once, years ago, when there weren’t many leaves on the trees as it’s in a heavily wooded area. It’s more a wooden single storey chalet type dwelling than a brick built house.

C662970D-0384-4893-B90F-A06CA2C988C4.jpeg

Can you get into street view on that path? That might show something.

No. I’m pretty sure it’s a private property, I’ve been up to the gates. Looks like an old hermit lives there. Creepy. The sub station had its own drive and entrance gate.
Can you get into street view on that path? That might show something.

If you use Google earth pro, and drop your little man on this building, it immediately goes to a distorted view of the Sub Station.

I’m going to have to go back there next time I take the dog out for a road walk and investigate further. Watch this space!

Sponsored Links
Back