Post the best photo you took today

Sponsored Links
Pine Marten having a sniff round the deserted Osprey nest this morning - screenshot
upload_2020-8-27_11-59-4.png

Sponsored Links
Dartmoor this morning just after 9 am. Never seen it so clear. When on top of Yes Tor (North Dartmoor near Okehampton) you could see Bodmin, Newquay and the welsh coast. Very good view of the radar station by Bude that does't get mentioned as well. On the horizon is Exmoor a stunning days walking.
upload_2020-8-30_16-2-7.png

Dartmoor this morning just after 9 am. Never seen it so clear. When on top of Yes Tor (North Dartmoor near Okehampton) you could see Bodmin, Newquay and the welsh coast. Very good view of the radar station by Bude that does't get mentioned as well. On the horizon is Exmoor a stunning days walking.
View attachment 203335

is there still a prison on dartmoor

Yes still fully active but due to close in 2023. Originally housed American and French Prisoner of war. Dominates the Princetown environment and economy. From Princetown you can walk the Devonport lean built in the 1790's supply fresh water to Devonport dockyards helping the Royal Navy stuff the French at every opportunity. The prison has its own leat to the north east of the Jail.
upload_2020-8-30_21-8-23.png

Last edited:
Yes still fully active but due to close in 2023. Originally housed American and French Prisoner of war. Dominates the Princetown environment and economy. From Princetown you can walk the Devonport lean built in the 1790's supply fresh water to Devonport dockyards helping the Royal Navy stuff the French at every opportunity. The prison has its own leat to the north east of the Jail.
View attachment 203359

Fantastic! My favourite county and spent lots of time on the moors. Even doing Ten Tors when young and fit. Used to stay at The Old Coach House near Ottery (not St Mary) - short walk up hill to Chip Shop Inn (now called Copper Penny Inn) in eve, near Horn Of Plenty. Morwellham Key up the road and Elephant's Nest for lunch. Or walk a bit further from hotel through lanes for a pint of Rich's cider and a ploughman's at The Royal Inn right on the Cornish border. Paradise!

Last edited:
Very good view of the radar station by Bude that does't get mentioned as well.
Beautiful part of the world! Nice walk in the morning too I bet.
I remember on a visit back to my parents in Boyton and dad and I driving past GCHQ to get to Ilfracombe. Asked my dad to stop so I could have a look/take a photo. He got all nervous and refused :LOL:

View attachment 203335
Isn't Dartmoor gorgeous, I have a half marathon on Dartmoor next Saturday, if it's not peeing down I'll try and take some snaps along the route. Chances are it'll be the usual Dartmoor affair of raining, pouring, sunny, misty all within 20mins!

Had the carpet up in my lounge today to run some ethernet cables and found more newspapers from when the carpet was fitted in.....2006! New one coming soon but look at the stories - they were still thinking at the time that Alexander Litvinenko may have been poisoned. :rolleyes:

33B1EC66-C790-411F-A3AE-B45FD1C1B03E.jpeg

Also on the same page it mentioned Boris Berezovsky as being a critic of Putin. I wonder what happened to him? The last paragraph in that article says it all! :whistle:

9E5B10FC-FF48-48A6-B373-D746F423D1D0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back