Potterton Puma 80 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE HELP.....?

Hi,

I require an experienced and competent gas engineer/boiler technician, to repair my boiler please.

Boiler: Potterton Puma 80 (permanent pilot).

Problem: If I run the hot water CONTINOUSLY for more than 15 minutes, or CONTINOUSLY run the central heating for more than 2 hours, the boiler cuts-out (with a click) and the pilot light goes out. If I then re-light it, it's back to square one.

So far, I've had two different engineers attempt to fix the problem, without success.

Between them, they have already replaced the following parts in the boiler :-

- Extractor fan assembly,
- Wax capsule,
- Thermocouple,
- auto air vent,
- flowswitch assembly,
- microswitch,
- overheat stat.

Unfortunatelly, replacing ALL of the above still hasn't fixed the problem.....

They have run out of ideas.......

Can YOU help ??? PLEASE ?

Additional info: The boiler pressure remains constant: 1 Bar with the central heating not running and 1.5 Bar with the central heating running.
There are no unusual noises, etc. When the bolier is running it sounds perfect, heating works great and hot water is hot.

I need your help please. Can you fix my boiler ? I can't afford a new boiler at present, so I must get this one fixed for now. Your help will be MUCH appeciated.

Thank You

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back