Potterton Statesman Utility 130/150

Sponsored Links
Very rarely a capacitor will stall at cold, but having been charged in the attempt, it will perform subsequently. But if it was a little warmer this a.m, then the over air is not so critical.

Very rarely a capacitor will stall at cold, but having been charged in the attempt, it will perform subsequently. But if it was a little warmer this a.m, then the over air is not so critical.

The capacitor will charge in a few milliseconds......It will not hold its charge for future attempts.

I've just had a burner doing the same and I checked the oil psi and put it up put the analyser on and the O2 was too high at 7.2% brought it down to 5.4 it's running fine now.Bob

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that

Others are pointing at the air for combustion so maybe try that but this will have to be done with an analyser

Sorry to hear that

Others are pointing at the air for combustion so maybe try that but this will have to be done with an analyser
So far local man has fitted a new pump, a new coil/solenoid, a new control box, a new photo electric wand, he checked fuel pressure and air mixture and exhaust with an analyser (no print out left) I have changed the capacitor. Different local man coming on Tuesday hopefully with an analyser which he understands. Boiler still fails first thing in the morning, press reset, as soon as it moves into ignition cycle press reset again and it lights!! and then works all day until it cools overnight. Wrong nozzle??

Sorry thats an area I dont know anyone, thought there was a chance it was maybe highlands hence asking.

Beautiful place though.

Hope you have more luck with next guy.
Thanks

Did you check the combustion head setting is correct. It's strange that problem started after a service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back