Power Adaptors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If a power adaptor isn't being used by the appliance (eg to charge a mobile phone) is it OK to leave it plugged in and switched on, or would it be best to switch the socket off, or even unplug it all together? Are there safety issues or longevity issues?

Sponsored Links
I believe these devices are steadily rising to the very top of the causes of electrical fires in the home.

Switch them off.

While you're about it, gather together all your Glade plug-ins and throw them away.

dingbat said:
While you're about it, gather together all your Glade plug-ins and throw them away.
any particular reason why we should do this now? i mean, i know they waste 'lectric and get hot and could cause a fire . . . has this happened?

Don't argue, boy!

In fact, while you're at it, throw away all your electrical appliances, sell your homes, and go and live in a mediaeval commune away from the evil dangers of the 21st C.

Then die of food poisoning.....

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
dingbat said:
any particular reason why we should do this now?

Because they mask smells. You should be preventing, not treating.

notb665 said:
Because they mask smells. You should be preventing, not treating.
go and kill the dog shall i? :evil: lol. I dont have any smells in the house at the moment anyway. So next time i do, i'll try to find the cause. If its the dog, i'm off to B&Q for a kennel. :LOL:

They are for people who don't know how to open windows :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back