Safe to use three-way adaptor to "solve" logistics problem?

With only one item plugged into the adaptor there is no real problem, and TV etc use very little power.

DO NOT FIT SOCKET UPSIDE DOWN although there is nothing wrong fitting sockets upside down, it also means the plug is upside down, and the cable entry ends up on the top, so anything dropped can go into the plug, so sockets should not be fitted upside down.
OP is using a moulded plug, nothing can drop into this one, doesn't account for others though.

Sponsored Links
'Sanity time', perhaps?

This seems to be yet another of those discussions that has made an awful (and, IMO, really unnecessary) meal out of a simple situation/question by invoking all sorts of theoretical issues. As far as I am concerned, there is absolutely nothing wrong (for the \OP's purposes) in doing precisely what he proposed (and asked about), as illustrated in post #6 - and, again in my view, that would remain the case (for the OP's purpose) even if the adapter had no fuse.

So, in relation to the OP's original question, my personal view is that the short answer (a fair bit shorter than 3 pages of discussion!) would be "Yes, that's fine" :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back