Power Screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I need to purchase a cordless power screwdriver to assist in the many jobs that involve screwing. It doesn't necessarily have to double up as a drill as I guess for a good drill and screwdriver you'd need to purchase them separately (i.e. cameras with camcorder facility and vice-versa).

What are good makes to look at? I want something good quality and something that will last. Charge times should be quick but I'm only a amateur DIYer so it wont be in use a lot of the time.

I'd prefer a gun-shaped screwdriver rather than the long thin types as I guess this will generate more pressure and is probably a more heavy duty type.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
depends on your budget, have a look here

but if i were you i would also look in my local "shed"

be very carefull about buying a screwdriver and make shure it will fit your requirements as in if most "screwdrivers" tend to have one battery and up to 12hrs charge time with lots at the 3hr mark

the last thing you want is a 3 or more hour wait half way through assembly because the batteries flat

whats your budget!!! ;)

I dunno, a budget of say £50-£100??? Would that get me something half decent? I dont need something a professional builder would buy but on the same hand I dont want something my nan would buy.

Yes, charging needs to be quick but I dont want to pay through the nose just so charging time is reduced from 3 hours to 1 hour. But, 12 hours is a bit of a joke.

Sponsored Links
if your paying that money then you may as well get a drill that will do both jobs. It will have more settings and be a lot more versitile. i have a dewalt 12volt drill i use for that. charges in under an hour. you can pick them up for under £100. Have a look at the link

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=N1331126&ts=46092&id=58336

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back