Power to the Loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can someone tell me the best way to provide power for a TV Distribution box that I plan to locate in the loft? I have installed electrical spurs before, but it seems a hell of a job to use this method to get power to the loft!

Should I be looking at taking a new supply from the Power Distribution Box or is there some simply way of powering the TV box without a lot of work?

Advice gratfully recieved

Many thanks

Zip

Sponsored Links
Unless you have already bought the amp, in which case you could take a spur off the lighting circuit into an FCU. If the amp has a wallwart plug you can then wire a socket into the FCU

Found this I drew up some time ago
boosterwiring.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Pls can someone put my mind at rest , I am aware of situations to fuse down i.e from a double socket > FCU > security light , however in the diagram it is fusing down from the lighting circuit lets say 6 amp to a FCU 3 amp then to a socket outlet which I thought would be 13 amp, pls can you fill me in on what I a missing here

Many Thanks

Ste

Hi all

Pls can someone put my mind at rest , I am aware of situations to fuse down i.e from a double socket > FCU > security light , however in the diagram it is fusing down from the lighting circuit lets say 6 amp to a FCU 3 amp then to a socket outlet which I thought would be 13 amp, pls can you fill me in on what I a missing here

Many Thanks

Ste

But it's not a 13amp socket, as it's fused down to become a 3amp socket, therefore 3amp is the maximum you can plug in there (TV amplifiers take a lot less than this).
And if someone in the future decides to plug something else in there (i.e. a kettle & toaster), the 3amp fuse will blow, avoiding overloading the existing lighting cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back