Power trips when using both ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Cookmaster CM101 oven which is giving a problem in that when I use both ovens it trips the power

I can use the left or right oven separately without issues, but when I us both it trips the power after a few mins.
I have only recently used both ovens since buying the house so it might well have always been broken (and previous owner said nothing)

The switch that is tripping is the one on the far right. (RCD?)
20181221_081924.jpg

Any ideas on this? Sounds like some overloading issue but as it might have never worked not sure if its a wiring problem or something with the oven?

Sponsored Links
An RCD will not trip because of an overload, just an imbalance in the current flow ( ie conducting live to earth or neutral to earth ). Possibly something getting hot & shorting out (cable or other component) only when both ovens are in use. I doubt this will be a diy job but you could check for any obvious sign of burning or over heating.

Thanks for the reply. I opened it up and one of the wires looked suspect. Replaced and so far good :) Was probably intermittently touching ground

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back