POwermax 155 to a Glow Worm shower problem ??? Any sense...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone...

I am having an old Powermax 15 removed this Friday, and in its place I am having a Glow Worm. Nothing fancy just want something that works ! lol

Anyway..At present my electric shower in my bathroom gets water from the loft tank. A small tank which is about a foot deep by 2 ft wide.
When I get my new boiler the engineer said I will not need the tank anymore.

What will happen with my shower ? Will I need to keep the tank for the shower or re connect the shower to the mains ? I dont want to mess around as I have just had a new bathroom fitted and tiled so want to keep the pipe work the same.

Please help....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your shower is connected to the F&E tank then you have been showering in central heating water. :eek: It should have always been connected to mains?

Sounds like me beign dum. Thanks for the reply, I will get the laddrer out 2nite. I doubt the electrician/plumber would of done that.

Thanks

It sounds to me like the cold mains feed to your electric shower has been teed off the feed the F&E, So all your installer as to do is cap off the feed to the F&E just after the tee and all will be ok

Sponsored Links
Just make sure you point this out to him at the start so he knows he has to connect the sower to the cold mains in the loft.

If you don't and he doesn't check, he may just cut off the cold rising main in the boiler cupboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back