PowerMax Complete External Siren - MCS-740

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I've recently had the Visonic PowerMax Complete installed into my home, however I have noticed the LED does not pulse to indicate the external bell box/siren in on. So in the dark you can barely see there is an alarm fitted. I believe I can activate this by flicking the LED KEEP ALIVE jumper in the bell box.

First off, is this correct or will i need to buy a seperate self sufficient LED light to go in the box?

Secondly if I did want to do this will I trip a tamper alarm? If so can this be easily deactivated using the fob or entering the code on the panel? Or is there a way to set it to ignore tamper on that box until I've finished?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
You are correct, the LED Keep Alive is a jumper within the bellbox - will give you 5 sec interval blink. I would say you need the practice to change the batteries but they should last 3 years so get the ladder out!. It will only give a tamper warning at the control box when disarmed anyway.

Turning the led on a wireless bell box will cause the battery in the bell box to go flat quicker and you will need to keep replacing the battery...

Sponsored Links
Hi, powermax is a great alarm but I would strongly advise against using the LED jumper as it will reduce battery life to around 12months....

We ALWAYS use LED kits

Been using them for nearly 3 years...not had one battery issue yet!!

thx
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back