Pre-conditions?

I thought as much. You don't know what your talking about. The last sentence shows it all.

I don't know what im talking about? Are you saying we can refuse entry to EU nationals while we're a member of the single market?

Are you saying Trade Deals happen over night?

Are you also saying we can sign trade deals while we're still an EU member?

Sponsored Links
I don't need to.
Actually yes, you do.

You made the assertion that there are people who refuse to accept the referendum result and who are standing in TM's way at every turn.

So it is you who has to say who you think those people are.

there are hundreds of MPs who've voted against anything in regards to moving forward with brexit after the referendum aside from legal challenges outside of the house of commons and lords constantly against legislation.
There were some who voted against triggering A50. Almost half of those were SNP MPs, and who's to say that they didn't take note of the fact that Scotland voted 62:38 to remain?

Which do you want? MP's doing exactly what their constituents tell them to do, or what they think is in the best interest of their constituents and the country? Either way, how can you justify complaining about how the SNP voted?

Of the others there was a mix of those who were not denying the result of the referendum, only the Tory version of what leave meant, and those who shared the beliefs of people like Burke and Churchill on what their constitutional duty was.

Again, you are free to disagree with their opinion on leave vs remain, but you may not deny them the right to have one. After all, it's just our parliament taking back control of our laws.

The only significant legal challenge of which I'm aware was the one over whether MPs should have a say over invoking A50 or not, and unless you're one of those who believed all the bovine excrement about judges being enemies of the people for standing up for the rule of law, how can you object to our courts having jurisdiction in this country? After all it was just an example of taking back control.

There have been other legal challenges, but I think you'll find that in a democracy, where citizens have rights, that one of those rights is to petition the courts to rule on legal matters if you believe that someone has behaved unlawfully. If you want to remove the country from the jurisdiction of the ECJ, do you really want to also remove it from the jurisdiction of any courts, so that citizens no longer have any legal protection against whatever the government wants to do to them?

If you don't want the courts to be able to make the government obey the law, and you don't want our elected representatives to be able to hold them to account, or to have any say in what laws and regulations we have, then I wonder what makes you think you are interested in democratic processes.

And lastly, whilst I'm sure that some of the recent anti-TM-deal votes were cast by MPs who have the strength and the cojones to behave as Burke and Churchill said they should, the vast majority voted against the appalling mess of a deal which she has negotiated, not against the fundamental idea of having a deal.

Again, it's about our democratic institutions taking back control.

Of course I know you are just looking for an argument.
No, I'm just looking for nonsense like this not to go unchallenged:

Her desire or lack off wanting to work cross party has nothing to do with it and everything to do with people who refuse to accept the referendum result standing in her way at every turn.

Sponsored Links
Himmy's back with his analogies :D
Actually, this is a pretty good analogy.

upload_2019-1-21_12-9-28.png

The problem which many people have with it is not that it is a bad one, but that it is a good one which elucidates a truth they would rather deny.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Nothing is built in a day.

How many people, while something is being built, actually want to live or work right in the middle of a building site with no plumbing, no electricity, no roof, no heating, no furniture, up to their ankles in mud and with constant noise, disruption and danger?

No doubt that will be another analogy which you'll dismiss because it gets to the truth.

Nothing is built in a day.

How many people, while something is being built, actually want to live or work right in the middle of a building site with no plumbing, no electricity, no roof, no heating, no furniture, up to their ankles in mud and with constant noise, disruption and danger?

No doubt that will be another analogy which you'll dismiss because it gets to the truth.
Jeez,,,just when you think remoaner analogies cannot become any more ridiculous,,shedzy manages it.

The free which means without restriction.

The only analogy that works with the no deal threat is "Give us what we want (why should they?) or we'll shoot ourselves in the foot".

The free which means without restriction.

The only analogy that works with the no deal threat is "Give us what we want (why should they?) or we'll shoot ourselves in the foot".
Another failure in analogy dept.

Actually, this is a pretty good analogy.

View attachment 157184

The problem which many people have with it is not that it is a bad one, but that it is a good one which elucidates a truth they would rather deny.
No, it's terrible. It goes on too long, waffling and loses the interest of the reader. When trying to get a point over it's best to hold the readers attention.

I do wonder occasionally if you and Himmy are the same person - always liking each others comments and complementing each other when nobody else does.

Sponsored Links
Back