Pre registered cars/ service intervals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend has a Vauxhall Meriva first regd 31.10.14 and sold to them 28.2.15 with 30 miles on the clock. I took it to Go (anywhere else) Vauxhall today for a service as it's now done 2000 miles (only) and was saying "oil change soon" on the display. They're telling me we've invalidated the warranty by not having it serviced in Oct 2015. Also they say it will need servicing again in Oct 2016 when it will be on about 4000miles . I said if that was the case why did the service warning not come up in Oct 2015. Other BS I was given was that it had not come up due to time but due to the number off starts / short runs the car has done. Amazing coincidence that the service warning first came up 12 months almost to the day after they bought it.
I can see that sitting in the compound for 6 months before it was sold isn't good for the car but would you expect the oil to have deteriorated?
How I hate main dealers

Sponsored Links
I think that's absolute ****** Dave, and anyone in Vauxhall UK would agree with me - and should be told so.
The good point is that the oil, and therefore the engine will be just fine. The service interval is governed by time and mileage, hence the display reading.
I'm sure there won't be any warranty issues concerning the engine lubrication, and any other failures - should there be any - won't be affected by the service interval.
John :)

I'll ring Vauxhalls on Monday. After all this I had the service manager try to sell me a service plan. The girl on reception was telling me it had to be Vauxhall oil and filters used or the warranty would be invalidated .I asked her if she'd heard of block exemption .
Wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't changed the oil or filter , just given it a wash and missed the roof. What a fiasco

Sponsored Links
Back