Pressurised Kingfisher Boiler Lock-Out Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a floorstanding boiler (Potterton Kingfisher M1 RSL 60) which is a pressurised system. It has a 'Flexcon Top' to it.
Having a problem when the heating is on (especially when the hot water and heating is on) the pressure climbs quickly until it reaches around
2-2.5 bar and then the red 'Lock-out' light comes on.
After the pressure has dropped you can then hit the reset key and everything works again (until the pressure rises)
It used to take about 2-3 hours of the heating being on before it locked out but the last couple of days it's nearer 1 hour.

I tried the obvious things like bleeding air from radiators.
My guess is the Flexcon Top is end of days. It's around 12 years old and from what i know of them it's like a balloon inside that keeps the pressure on and they don't last forever!

Does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about ;) If so any ideas what it might be?

Any help/advice appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I presume the Flexcon is an expansion vessel.

Read all the FAQs on this site and you may be able to repressurise it.

But I cannot guess whey your boiler is locking out, there may be another fault and the excessive pressure is a red herring!

It would seem that you have never had your boiler properly serviced!

Tony

Cheers, will read the FAQ.
Have had it serviced but not for 3 years!
I'm moving house in a month and was hoping to not pay out to get it repaired. Also the people moving in are going to replace it, obviously not staright away so it needs to work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back