Price cap

Exactly, we ought to be told. As a taxpayer, I'd like to see a breakdown of all the 10 million extra population since Tony Blair. I'd like to see how many are immigrants and the children thereof, and how many of them are drawing public money, and how much and for how long they have been drawing it.

... Similarly, any politician wanting to sort this country out would need to do a serious, detailed audit of where all the money is going. A modern day Domesday book.
Andy11 admits he hasn't a scooby on these statistics, which don't exist, that he keeps quoting and assigning according to his bias.

One of the problems with immigration in this country is the uncontrolled nature of it. Let 'em come, let 'em do what they like and go where they like with no forward planning or costing.
All countries have a humane duty to correctly process asylum seekers. Those deemed genuinely in need of protection should be granted protection via a permit to remain.
Would you prefer we sent them back to be tortured, murdered, mistreated?
Remember Jamal Kashoggi? He walked into an Embassy and never came out alive or intact.
Those escaping war, famine, religious persecution, etc, usually escape without any documentation. Imagine you're in a country where you might be tortured or murdered, where you might have been in hiding, fearing for your life. What do you think will happen if you ask the government (or those in power) for permission to leave, for a passport?

Sponsored Links
Those escaping war, famine, religious persecution, etc, usually escape without any documentation. Imagine you're in a country where you might be tortured or murdered, where you might have been in hiding, fearing for your life.
Italy? France?

A bit distressing for the animal and a CO risk for the humans, methinks!

Sponsored Links
There's nothing we can do about these bandits sucking blood out of our veins.
My suggestion is for every single one of us to file a formal complaint highlighting the fact that the price rise is unjustified given their gigantic profits.
Follow all the complaint stages and then go to the ombudsman.
If we all did that, they would be overwhelmed by paperwork, unable to answer within the 8 weeks and out of pocket because for every complaint they get through the ombudsman they get charged.
Also, where they don't reply to a complaint, the ombudsman can award compensation.
It would not change the price they charge, but would surely eat into their profits.
The price cap should be the maximum they can charge, instead they take it as the price we pay, regardless of profits.
In practice, there's no more competition on the market, they all charge the maximum price they can.
Bandits!

Solar panels. If you can then they'll pay back absurdly quickly at the moment

Solar panels. If you can then they'll pay back absurdly quickly at the moment

Is it??
1660647487240.png

That says you're in deficit for the first 12 years 5 months, and at the end of the 20 years, assuming they've needed no attention, you'll have made about £12 a year.
But surely 20 x 167.43 = £3346.80 so you're still ~£1500 DOWN?

- they go on:

1660647868690.png

14.37p/unit!!
and that's a LOSS not a profit 20 x 187 - 4834 = -1094 per annum .

OK, cap rates are ______Current (since April)_________|_______Previous

1660648117409.png

(why did the standing charge have to double?????????????)

The cap unit price is currently double their 14p. So for 20 years:

187 x 2 x 20 -4800 = Saving of 2680.
Divide by 20 gives 134
That's one car tyre a year. Whoopy doo.

Is it??
View attachment 276917
That says you're in deficit for the first 12 years 5 months, and at the end of the 20 years, assuming they've needed no attention, you'll have made about £12 a year.
But surely 20 x 167.43 = £3346.80 so you're still ~£1500 DOWN?

- they go on:

View attachment 276918
14.37p/unit!!
and that's a LOSS not a profit 20 x 187 - 4834 = -1094 per annum .

OK, cap rates are ______Current (since April)_________|_______Previous

View attachment 276920
(why did the standing charge have to double?????????????)

The cap unit price is currently double their 14p. So for 20 years:

187 x 2 x 20 -4800 = Saving of 2680.
Divide by 20 gives 134
That's one car tyre a year. Whoopy doo.
That site has crap numbers.

Anyone paying £5,000 for a 3kW system is being taken for a ride.

Anyone who's expecting to pay 15p/kWh for the next decade is on an amazing fixed deal.

Scale up to a modern system of 6kW at around £7-8k generating around 6,000kWh a year in London and a price of 20p/kWh, SEG of 5p/kWh and self consumption of 30% and the numbers work out much better. That's something like £600 a year savings.

Factor in October's cap and you're paying it off in single figures. But that's over optimistic, I would stick with 20p as a long term average.

That site has crap numbers.

Anyone paying £5,000 for a 3kW system is being taken for a ride.

Anyone who's expecting to pay 15p/kWh for the next decade is on an amazing fixed deal.

Scale up to a modern system of 6kW at around £7-8k generating around 6,000kWh a year in London and a price of 20p/kWh, SEG of 5p/kWh and self consumption of 30% and the numbers work out much better. That's something like £600 a year savings.

Factor in October's cap and you're paying it off in single figures. But that's over optimistic, I would stick with 20p as a long term average.

In easy to understand terms then-bout 13 years to break even if it doesn't go wrong/need replacing? Tis a genuine question.

Most people don't have space for a 6kw system. The average is still a 4kw system because that's what will fit on the majority of solar suitable roofs. Energy Saving Trust has average cost of a 4kw system between 6k and £7k with a payback period of 20+ years. You will get a better payback if you are home during the day - or part of the day. In the 20 years you'll save about £200-£300 per year, but that doesn't account for what you might do with the money otherwise. Battery technology will change things for solar. When we are able to store energy efficiently and use it later - when it's needed - the figures change.

PS, not so long ago the weak link in the system was the inverter, which was an expensive item and typically lasted 4 or 5 years. These days, for a bit more money, you can get a 25 year warranty. I wonder how many people pay the extra though?

Anyone paying £5,000 for a 3kW system is being taken for a ride
Ive just been quoted £8,500 for a 5kw system -is that expensive?

Im trying to get other quotes, but the smaller operators are so busy they are not even taking on new enquirires

In easy to understand terms then-bout 13 years to break even if it doesn't go wrong/need replacing? Tis a genuine question.
Yep, before the recent cost of electricity rises then 10-14 years to pay back was the realistic range. Larger systems and/or batteries tend to extend the repayment period but increase the total savings/earnings over time.

The recent price rises for electricity make things silly, when the price for power doubles the repayment period halves.

A standard target price is around £1 per W of power. Normally it's better value for larger systems and worse for little ones.

I got a quote for an 8kW system for £7,500.

Ive just been quoted £8,500 for a 5kw system -is that expensive?

Im trying to get other quotes, but the smaller operators are so busy they are not even taking on new enquirires
Yes. I'll IM you the company I got that from, they work nationally, if you can wait a month or so I'll have a positive or negative recommendation for them.

Sponsored Links
Back