Prince Harry

The news article I heard said there was intelligence of several attacks being planned specifically against Harry. In the light of that, it would be stupid to send him - everyone else who goes out there is subject to being attacked, but Harry is being targetted so he's not like any other soldier - the odds of him or people around him being injured is far higher.

Sponsored Links
That's closer to the truth, the fact that protecting him would become a logitical nightmare and a drain on resources for little moral gain.

Accountant to General: Just think of the cost dear chap

General: That's it then he doesn't go!

problem solved!

the commanding officer has a duty to all the tropops serving under him, not just ahrry. If his being there makes the mission harder and more dangerous then he has to look at the implications of it. he has been publicly targetted, otherwie i think they would have sent him, just as they did with andrew in the falklands

The two reasons they have cited are
1) He would be too prominent a target for Iranian funded/trained kidnap teams.
2) IED's & roadside bombs are now powerful enough to penetrate armour on most vehicles and it's too risky...

Nice to know that the risk is acceptable for all the other troops out there though...

Sponsored Links
Said on the News this morning that Prince Andrew served in Invincible in the Falklands, a ship specifically targeted by the Argentine air force.

there are probably dozens of terrorists or terrorist groups all over the world dreaming of the chance of popping high profile bods such as our royal family, president bush, euro' leaders etc, but security in our nations is just too good, and poses a high risk.

imagine their lip licking glee at the prospect of a royal being sent right into their own back yard, right into their sniper cross hairs or booby trapped zones in iraq. :rolleyes:

The BOY was never going to Iraq, the whole thing stage managed to project him in the best 'light'... True pretenders to Kingdom lead from the front, not from a k'ing ;) nightclub !! He knows it and so do we.
:(

wasnt targetted beacause of him though. it was targetted beacause of its aircraft capability. so if prince andrew was on it or not made no difference and didnt increase the risk to the sailors on board.

its a bit like the saving private ryan syndrome. why send eight guys to rescue one. whos life is more valuable. What the command are saying is that the risk would be so high to him, that it would unecessarily endanger many others at a higher level. A risk they are not prepared to take. I think it shows balls on the part of the general and shows that they value the lives of the other troops as well.

just a shame the politicians dont

empip said:
The BOY was never going to Iraq, the whole thing stage managed to project him in the best 'light'... True pretenders to Kingdom lead from the front, not from a k'ing ;) nightclub !! He knows it and so do we.
:(
I think your right Pip, so wise for your years ;)

If he's a bullet magnet ... Absolutely ... Best place to be :LOL:

If he had anything about him now he would be true to his previous position and resign his commission.

A soldier who can't be placed in danger is as much use as a plumber who can't go near naked flames ;)

or an electrician who can't go near naked women

Well I think they've missed a trick,why not use him to flush them terrorists out, get the rest of his clan in, it could be a family business.

Richardp said:
Well I think they've missed a trick,why not use him to flush them terrorists out, get the rest of his clan in, it could be a family business.
They are all good with guns, with all the hunting they do.

Sponsored Links
Back