Prince William joins the Air Ambulance Service.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Becoming the first royal to work in civvy street.

What a great result for the AAS as I am sure the donations will increase quite considerably.

Good on him.

Sponsored Links

What a great result for the AAS as I am sure the donations will increase quite considerably.

Good on him.

But why does he need a 5mth training programme to get his civvie flying licence? Military training is top notch and he will not find himself in any dangerous situations as he did with SAR.

Sponsored Links

Good on him.

But why does he need a 5mth training programme to get his civvie flying licence? Military training is top notch and he will not find himself in any dangerous situations as he did with SAR.

That is pretty standard procedure. My ex-neighbours brother came out of the RAF and did some lengthy courses before becoming a charter pilot.

He'll probably be their first 'employee' on a zero hours contract but with the additional twist that he will be stating what hours he is available between his Royal duties.

He'll probably be their first 'employee' on a zero hours contract but with the additional twist that he will be stating what hours he is available between his Royal duties.

Whilst some charities will benefit from the wages he donates.

Didn't the q*eer one work in civvy street.?????

:LOL:

Ah, you mean the one who failed Royal Marines training. Personally, I think they should really have encouraged a career with the Boy Scouts (or perhaps Girl Guides).

In fact, he has been given a nominal colonelcy of the Wessex Yeomanry (a TA unit) so that he can have a fetching mauve uniform to wear!

Get rid of them all. Not a monachist, never will be. Biggest benefit scroungers in the country.

Get rid of them all. Not a monachist, never will be. Biggest benefit scroungers in the country.
They may be on benefits, but I've yet to hear of tourists flocking to London to see "The bunch of chavs in burberry tracksuits lounging around the kids playground drinking cheap cider and threatening people with their pit-bulls" ;)

They may be on benefits, but I've yet to hear of tourists flocking to London to see "The bunch of chavs in burberry tracksuits lounging around the kids playground drinking cheap cider and threatening people with their pit-bulls" ;)

Just make it that, a tourist attraction, frankly it's a pretty anacronistic and facile institution.

Tourists don't get to see that anyway, they get to see tower bridge, crown jewels, buck palace etc.. load of rubbish that we should distance ourselves from, what an appalling example to set our kids.

Tourists don't get to see that anyway, they get to see tower bridge, crown jewels, buck palace etc.. load of rubbish that I should distance myself from, what an appalling example to set my kids.

There, fixed that for you. :p

Unless you meant the Royal 'we' then I apologise.

Sponsored Links
Back