Private Healthcare...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There may become a point in time where life expectancy coupled with expectations of retirement time, mean it is not economical to provide free at the point of delivery health care on the level provided today.

In the 1960s retirement age was just 2 years less than life expectancy. I don't think too many people today fancy working until the age of 78.

Health care has to be paid for.

There may become a point in time where life expectancy coupled with expectations of retirement time, mean it is not economical to provide free at the point of delivery health care on the level provided today.

In the 1960s retirement age was just 2 years less than life expectancy. I don't think too many people today fancy working until the age of 78.

Health care has to be paid for.
I thought health care was paid for.

I thought health care was paid for.
Au contraire...

Healthcare is paid for by those in work (and paying NI/taxes) for mainly the older generations that need it's services the most...

The problem comes when those who should be contributing have been shafted so much that their contributions won't even cover the basics...

In the not too distant future healthcare will only be available for those wealthy enough to afford it!

Au contraire...

Healthcare is paid for by those in work (and paying NI/taxes) for mainly the older generations that need it's services the most...

The problem comes when those who should be contributing have been shafted so much that their contributions won't even cover the basics...

In the not too distant future healthcare will only be available for those wealthy enough to afford it!
I still can't do the maths on your comments.

Who's been shafted? Are you talking the low paid workers?

Surely if some people buy alternative health cover at their cost, it reduces the cost base of the NHS and thus assists in the contributions covering the basics because the basics will cost less (if providing them to fewer people).

No the point being made is this:
say today there are 5M retired people needing £100 avg of NHS care a year. (£500M) and there are 25M working people paying an extra £20 a year to cover it.
then say tomorrow there are 20M retired people needing £100 avg (£2bn) and there are only 10M working people who can't afford to pay £200 extra.

Private medical has nothing to do with the problem that people are living longer and wanting to be retired for longer.

I understand the challenges of an ageing population, that's been the same for generations. But specifically this was said by Ella:
Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 17.24.24.png

Sponsored Links
Back