Private parking shake up

Don't be ridiculous!

When you say read the sign, are you suggesting that everybody should be able to read the sign in its entirety, and decide on the basis of the contents to enter the car park in a matter of a second or so?

There have been times where entering the car park, deciding you don't want to park there and coming out again has taken enough time for the ANPR cams to trigger an unpaid visit.

Sponsored Links
it must surly come down to unreasonable terms and conditions, all they have to do is set up the computer to accept 51% match between registration entered and registration noted by the cameras then only failed to pays would register??

Last edited:
Or check the database for the reg and say vehicle not recorded or similar. No they just give you a big green tick even if the reg you entered was garbage. Its as if they don't care if you make a mistake £££.

good luck reading these terms:
parkingeye-sign.jpg

For that exact reason I would never shop at Aldi. Correct me if I am wrong, Aldi employ, authorise them?

About 9 years and 3 months ago we bought a quality kitchen from Homebase for a rental property we bought for cash. PARKING WAS RESTRICTED TO TWO HOURS if I recall correctly. Anyway, we looked, we bought and we had designed there and then the fit/measurements and bought the hob/over/microwave etc etc and it was almost three hour before we got out. A few days later we got a letter from the enforcement people with pics of the GLS I drove at the time. A phone call to Hombase not the clowns at the parking office - spoke with the manager and gave him the reference details and he told us "rest assured you will hear no more about this and apologised." that was the last of that ticket.

Sponsored Links
Don't be ridiculous!

When you say read the sign, are you suggesting that everybody should be able to read the sign in its entirety, and decide on the basis of the contents to enter the car park in a matter of a second or so?

There have been times where entering the car park, deciding you don't want to park there and coming out again has taken enough time for the ANPR cams to trigger an unpaid visit.
really?

it must surly come down to unreasonable terms and conditions, all they have to do is set up the computer to accept 51% match between registration entered and registration noted by the cameras then only failed to pays would register??
If you’re too dumb to enter your own reg no’ into a machine , surely you’re not fit to be behind the wheel.

some people have word blindness or indeed just make a mistake give me 6 digits to remember and 50/50 chance i will remember??

Some people are Dyslexic..
Some are plumbers, some are plasterers... :)

Let's not try to dress this up any other way, there have been numerous cases over the years of people having fines cancelled due to things like inadequate signage. Ok not all private car parks will be guilty of things like that but a % always have been. Intentionally small and or weirdly located signs describing the terms.

I'm in Scotland and shop at Asda, so I can't say if our Aldi stores have the system referred to above. You have to assume retailers are basing the allowed stay on some sort of average or algorithm with 15 mins added on or whatever. Regardless, they are surely shooting themselves in the foot, albeit maybe just slightly, for customers that want to remain in their store for longer. If I was in a store, organising a large purchase e.g. kitchen that took a longer period of time and I received a parking fine, out of principal I would cancel the order if I could and take my business elsewhere, even though the car park operator might be a different company.

Yeah, bloody scum. We have them at our local shops, and people are often writing on local FB group about how they've been fined for going to the shops twice in a day. Some people are too scared not to pay the fine, which is crazy - people being fined for using the local shops instead of driving to Tesco.

We need to go back to the good old days of a car park attendant who can issue fines to people who are really taking the ****, and waiver them for those that have a genuine reason to have overstayed by 10 minutes.

I got sent a fine once, from Tesco in town, after being stuck in the car park because the town was gridlocked at Christmas (pre pandemic!). It too an hour to get out of the bloody car park, but they still wanted to fine me.

On another occasion, my wife was fined by McDonalds for staying in their car park for more than 90 minutes, when she attended a McDonalds birthday party for a friend's child. Didn't pay that either, but some people see the thread and do pay.

Bastards.

I don't think you were 'fined' in either of those cases. You were probably sent an invoice for parking.

Most of the people involved in parking enforcement are by nature

bell ***s

devoid of common sense

that’s how they get the job in the first place ;)

Most of the people involved in parking enforcement are by nature

bell ***s

devoid of common sense

that’s how they get the job in the first place ;)

I disagree very strongly. At least they are not on the dole, working on the side, can work and won't work.

I've heard about the unfairness but you do get inbred drivers that are trying it on. It's never one-way traffic and that's a fact.

A shopping precinct in Kent, about 3.3 years ago, went to Nest, Currys, bit to eat and quick M&S, back to the car within 1hr 50min. Two hours free stay allowed. So as we try to drive out stuck for half an hour trying to get out as there was an accident at the junction as you leave/enter the place. Anyways, got a parking payment demand of xx can't recall - contacted the retail management of the centre not the parking people - they said to leave it with us and that was the last of the demand - so, use that brain cell of yours don't go to the parking gang go to the outfits that employ them.

Thanks

That often doesn't work.

Ever got an invoice at McDonald's?

Didn't think so.

Because if you did, you'd realise that McD's don't give a fork about customers' being charged for parking (whatever the reason) because they get a cut from the parking company.

Even employees sometimes get "fined" by them, despite their index numbers being put onto their list.

Sponsored Links
Back