Condescending behaviour

Hi Guys
I have something on my mind and I can’t shake it off.

Today I went with my son to look at some vinyl flooring. We parked in a private car park nearby.There were signs notices up that only customers to the business may park there etc, We were in the wrong and shouldn’t have parked there, but we risked it as we were only going to be a short while, We returned to the car after 10 minutes and there was a sticker on the car warning next time will be fined etc. then this guy comes charging after us ‘Is this your car?’it’s private car park ‘ My son apologised and said he wouldn’t park there again. That should have been the end, but the man just wouldn’t let it go and he was right in my son’s face ‘You knew you shouldn’t park there, got notices up, it clearly says no parking’ in the end to get rid of him my son said ‘Yes I did know’ to which the guy said ‘right’ and finally marched off.

Have any of you experienced patronising behaviour and how did you deal with it?

No but he was honest and admitted his fault.

If you had parked on someone's front garden then I could understand this other man.

I'm with you

Sponsored Links
not sure really, i thought patronizing was insincere back handed agreeing with you in a condescending manner
now not in the least disagreeing with you as i am a simple soul who likes to help ----- but to be arrogant hitler type came to mind [sorry about any offence caused ]

Nearly all of us do little things we know we shouldn't, ( unless your a Tory MP)
Parking on yellow lines Parking the wrong way facing traffic.
Shagging your wife's sister.

Have you not?

No but he was honest and admitted his fault.

If you had parked on someone's front garden then I could understand this other man.

I'm with you
Thank you. Yes we both apologised and said it wouldn’t happen again. He wasn’t even looking at me, he was just in my son’s face and was shouting. We were cooperating and had my son been equally aggressive it could have escalated badly. This man wanted a fight.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Yes we both apologised and said it wouldn’t happen again. He wasn’t even looking at me, he was just in my son’s face and was shouting. We were cooperating and had my son been equally aggressive it could have escalated badly. This man wanted a fight.

Like me. If anyone spoke to me like that in front of my dad I'd be equally aggressive.

Good example this morning. Just got to a job.

Someone has been sleeping outside. No harm as it's an empty property, but at least clear up your rubbish.
20230721_094205.jpg

Hi Guys
I have something on my mind and I can’t shake it off.

Today I went with my son to look at some vinyl flooring. We parked in a private car park nearby.There were signs notices up that only customers to the business may park there etc, We were in the wrong and shouldn’t have parked there, but we risked it as we were only going to be a short while, We returned to the car after 10 minutes and there was a sticker on the car warning next time will be fined etc. then this guy comes charging after us ‘Is this your car?’it’s private car park ‘ My son apologised and said he wouldn’t park there again. That should have been the end, but the man just wouldn’t let it go and he was right in my son’s face ‘You knew you shouldn’t park there, got notices up, it clearly says no parking’ in the end to get rid of him my son said ‘Yes I did know’ to which the guy said ‘right’ and finally marched off.

Have any of you experienced patronising behaviour and how did you deal with it?
Your son’s mindset is I'm the only person who has parked here, the landowners experience is that everyone parks there, your son is just the latest in a long line and gets the butt of this guys aggression. As said people double down on weakness.

Blup

I own a house with a private access road and people on the main road are subject to council parking control. They have no problem with parking on the private access road, even though it has signage saying its private and parking is for residents only. Short of contracting parking cow boys, there isn't much that can be done. They even cheekily move rubbish bins out of the way.

Unless it becomes inconvenient, people will be cheeky.

Empty property or not that’s just filthy

It's a burn out. So filthy as it is. But someone has wiped dirty stuff on one of the doors. The back doors were also open

Your son’s mindset is I'm the only person who has parked here, the landowners experience is that everyone parks there, your son is just the latest in a long line and gets the butt of this guys aggression. As said people double down on weakness.

Blup

I get that, but is there a need to be aggressive in front of someone's dad.

I would never do thst out of respect

Blup
You are right and that makes sense. Thank you

Thank you to all of you for sharing your own stories and commenting on mine. You have no idea how much you have helped already. I can see it better from both perspectives now.

Sponsored Links
Back