Problem after boiler service

Sponsored Links
None of us have any issue with the OP. It's the arrogant sanctimonious clap trap from someone with no business giving advice on things he isn't qualified to advise on that annoyed us.

sanctimonious clap trap
You are strongly implying that while it is dangerous for a DIYer to tamper with the room seal just in case he or she leaves the room seal leaking fumes into the room it is acceptable for one of your RGI clan to leave a boiler with the room seal leaking fumes into the room.

Double standards. DIYer maust not be allowed to touch it but RGI can leave it off without any criticism.

Of course the fitter didn't intend to leave the cap off the sample port but he did. And the fault was spotted by some who is not a member of your RGI clan.

Comment from a GasSafe engineer this morning. "If my apprentice left a cap off he would get a right telling off. Where possible we sample at the terminal and not the port." He mentioned why they prefer to sample at the terminal. I guess I don't need to tell you the reason.

Don't have a problem in the slightest with the customer.
Don't see what Mr Green is trying to achieve by flogging a dead horse?

Sponsored Links
Yep - guilty as charged! Too lazy to refer back, and I was caught out.....

But, hey!, cut Bernard some slack - he does have a point.

Bernard - Agile posted the wrong name, it was WaterSystems he suggested you might be. If you manage to dig up some of his past posts on here, you will see why he was so disliked.

This tickled me, Ive been know to drive away from a boiler service, only to return an hour later as I cant remember putting the sampling point back.
The annoying thing is, its always fitted, I just cant remember doing it :rolleyes:

This tickled me, Ive been know to drive away from a boiler service, only to return an hour later as I cant remember putting the sampling point back.
The annoying thing is, its always fitted, I just cant remember doing it :rolleyes:
I mentioned this earlier, we do things without thinking as we have done them so many times but something breaks up our train of thought routine, like a customer asking something or a phone call.
We then leave the job but doubt ourselves on the routine way of working.

No one has said it's acceptable to leave the sample point open.
What has been said it **** happens put it back on and call him to come and re check/ test everything is ok.
I suppose you'd rather he was hung in the town square?

No one has said it's acceptable to leave the sample point open.
What has been said it **** happens put it back on and call him to come and re check/ test everything is ok.
I suppose you'd rather he was hung in the town square?
On a gibbet on the entrance to town
Like this last lot of RGIs that left out test points.
image.jpeg

Nah - that's where group Service keep their engineers overnight. They get dropped into their vans at 8am to go and change crappy Gianoni HEX's, then winched out at 6pm after they've been fed grilled Bunny for dinner :D.

To try to avoid that problem I have a procedure to screw the cap back on when I remove the FGA probe.

I stick mine onto a bit of blue tack on the front of my analyser.

when the FGA is on the boiler ( magnetic ) place the cap on top of the FGA , if you forget to replace the cap the cap will drop when removing the FGA from the boiler , plus you know where you put it .

Bernard
Bedfordshire
Problem maker, troll with nothing better to do
Living alone in a 500 year old cottage
Realising his alternative thinking isint working.

Priceless

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back