problem when changing switch

you are correct it was a double pole switch, however in the new switch the lights are not working, i have put a meter on the wire terminals to measure the current but there is nothing comin from either of thm :oops:

Sponsored Links
you are correct it was a double pole switch, however in the new switch the lights are not working, i have put a meter on the wire terminals to measure the current but there is nothing comin from either of thm :oops:
Set your meter to ~V or VAC. It sounds like you are trying to measure the current between two conductors. You need to measure the voltage. ;)

Or is this what you mean? Which conductors are you measuring between?

Sponsored Links
i have put a meter on the wire terminals to measure the current
You shouldn't really do that - a multimeter set to a current range will have a very low resistance, so if you happen to connect it wrongly you could get a big bang and a wrecked meter.

And it's pointless anyway - why do you need to know the value of the current flowing? You should be able to do any checks you need by measuring voltage and resistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back