Problem with door sensor on enforcer enf/kit3?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I am new to DIYnot can someone help me please? I bought a
ENFORCER ENF/KIT3-UK PROFESSIONAL 4 PIR ALARM & SIREN KIT Code: ENF/KIT3-UK
and managed to install it (just about)however when I try to set the alarm it throws up an error message about the main door tamper. It is brand new and i cant figure out why it isnt working?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Win

Sponsored Links
Lid on correctly.
Or
Have you broken the rear tamper on the back of the contact mounting plate while screwing device on to door frame?
Post photo of rear plate if problem still present.

Lid on correctly.
Or
Have you broken the rear tamper on the back of the contact mounting plate while screwing device on to door frame?
Post photo of rear plate if problem still present.
This… heavy handed screwing of the tamper back plate is 9 times out of 10 tamper problems on DC

Sponsored Links
Thank you Handymanjo, I think it was in my case but I was taking over the job from someone who was using the wrong screw which was too short ...this didn't help either!

Im not sure if Tiger and Handy are the same person but thanks for your help too T1ger! Nothing broken, I think the person installed it hadn't tightened it enough due to the screw being too short ( they lost the original screw I think). Thats why they say if you want a good job done, do it yourself I suppose! I paid him and all!

Im not sure if Tiger and Handy are the same person but thanks for your help too T1ger! Nothing broken, I think the person installed it hadn't tightened it enough due to the screw being too short ( they lost the original screw I think). Thats why they say if you want a good job done, do it yourself I suppose! I paid him and all!

I was under the impression you had installed it yourself going by your original post lol

Hi Handymanjo...yes that problem was sorted thanks but I have another issue...when I enter a user code and press yes , the screen does not change. I don't think it is saved in the memory and im not sure why? I hope it is ok to merge this issue into the first as i cannot see how to start new questions or even how to reply to specific people ( is it a open forum where you reply to all? )

To clarify , a point raised by Bigsoji...I had an old enforcer system, I paid a mate to replace the old sensors with ones from the new kit as I was busy repairing other equipment, but I replaced the main control panel system myself ( just about as I put it because I had a few issues and had to consult the supplier)....I then had to use the forum to troubleshoot because the supplier has gone on holiday and the mate I paid is proving unreliable , especially now that I've already paid him but he doesn't specialize in alarms either so this is why I am physically doing the job myself with any assistance I receive from anyone willing to help on DIYNot!

yes 2222 still works thanks... I've seen an installation video and apparently the screen should change when the new user code is entered and yes is selected?

To change master code
Press D 2222
Set time no
Operate user no
Omit no
Edit users yes
Add new user no
Delete no
Change master yes
Enter new code
Press Yes to every setting until Change master code
Press no
Edit users
Press A
Will save changers
Hope this helps you
Press thanks

Hi Handymanjo
Thanks but as with the user code entry, when I enter the new master code and press yes ( step 11) ...the screen does not change .It does not seem to register at that point? Do you suspect there is a fault? Shall I do a clean start to double check?

No do not clean start
Are you changing Master code 2222 or adding/changing a user code?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back