Problem with Grohe concealed cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. This is my first post so thank you in advance for any replies.

The plumber installing my bathroom has just fitted a Grohe EAU2 dual flush concealed cistern. There are 2 issues.

1) It takes up to 4 flushes to remove waste and this is with the level set to the max (9L). All the water is emptying from the cistern rapidly and appears to be entering the pan at a decent rate of knots though this could possibly be better. Also, when you flush, a small spout (like from a water pistol) of water shoots up through the centre of the flush valve. On speaking to Grohe tech support they suggested three causes

a) the inlet pipe from the cistern to the pan has been inserted too far in thus restricting the flow of water. They said this would also explain the spout of as the water cannot exit the cistern fast enough.

b) the pan design is not suitable in terms of allowing the water to enter the pan

c) the pan design requires compression (large volume of water hitting the waste) to remove the waste whereas Grohe said that their cisterns require syphonic pans to "suck" the waste through.

To my discredit I bought the pan via an e-bay shop but in my defence it was a decision based on style and not cost. My plumber was a bit vague about whether the pan relied on compression or syphonic action to remove the waste and he is not really offering any solutions to rectify the problem. I want to avoid buying a new pan if possible and there is no guarantee that a new pan would be better. Any ideas?

2) The 3L actuation button (the smaller one) sits about 8mm proud of the large 6L button. Grohe say the two buttons should be flush but neither the plumber nor myself can get the small button to move further in. Any ideas

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Further to my run down of the problem. Watching the flush I can see that the water level rises nearly 4cm as it flushes as if there is a small blockage (which there isn't). Could it be that the u-bend in the pan is too narrow? Can anyone recommend a manuafacturer that would provide a suitable pan? Thanks

Hi. This is my first post so thank you in advance for any replies.

The plumber installing my bathroom has just fitted a Grohe EAU2 dual flush concealed cistern. There are 2 issues.

1) It takes up to 4 flushes to remove waste and this is with the level set to the max (9L). All the water is emptying from the cistern rapidly and appears to be entering the pan at a decent rate of knots though this could possibly be better. Also, when you flush, a small spout (like from a water pistol) of water shoots up through the centre of the flush valve. On speaking to Grohe tech support they suggested three causes

a) the inlet pipe from the cistern to the pan has been inserted too far in thus restricting the flow of water. They said this would also explain the spout of as the water cannot exit the cistern fast enough.

Hi i would check flush pipe first, i had this problem , re-fittet it and now ok, best of luck.
b) the pan design is not suitable in terms of allowing the water to enter the pan

c) the pan design requires compression (large volume of water hitting the waste) to remove the waste whereas Grohe said that their cisterns require syphonic pans to "suck" the waste through.

To my discredit I bought the pan via an e-bay shop but in my defence it was a decision based on style and not cost. My plumber was a bit vague about whether the pan relied on compression or syphonic action to remove the waste and he is not really offering any solutions to rectify the problem. I want to avoid buying a new pan if possible and there is no guarantee that a new pan would be better. Any ideas?

2) The 3L actuation button (the smaller one) sits about 8mm proud of the large 6L button. Grohe say the two buttons should be flush but neither the plumber nor myself can get the small button to move further in. Any ideas

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm probably wayy late for my reply to be any good.

....I'd say it's the button unit itself. Firstly water shouldn't squirt through and second, the buttons should sit flush, albeit the smaller button normally has a small notch which secures itself amongst the larger button.

Get yourself a new 2 button unit. That's my advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back