Problem with neighbour

Sponsored Links
Quite so , our US friend ;) Have you an understanding of our Right to Buy laws over here - might make some interesting reading if you google it . I personally was always against it , and our family never bought into it . It causes a lot of problems like the OP outlines and worse still in blocks of flats :rolleyes:

No they have brought there house
If yours is rented you could exchange. If your mother is long term poorly you should be able to get a doctors note, which would add weight with forcing the Council to offer you a different home; maybe with better provisions.

Is one of the rooms further away from that wall which she could sleep in?

Get a barking mad dog and see how they like it :evil:

Sponsored Links
Quite so , our US friend ;) Have you an understanding of our Right to Buy laws over here - might make some interesting reading if you google it . I personally was always against it , and our family never bought into it . It causes a lot of problems like the OP outlines and worse still in blocks of flats :rolleyes:
Over here, the law is that you 'are entitled to quiet enjoyment' of your place, whatever that means.
And there are many volumes on Neighbor Law.

I'll start here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Buy

No they have brought there house
If yours is rented you could exchange. If your mother is long term poorly you should be able to get a doctors note, which would add weight with forcing the Council to offer you a different home; maybe with better provisions.

Is one of the rooms further away from that wall which she could sleep in?

Get a barking mad dog and see how they like it :evil:

We shouldn't have to move we have been in this house 33 yrs it is our home

So its a council house???

Basically there is not a great deal that you can do other than contact the relevant departments that have already been posted on here

You may get a result and They may take action however I would rate your chances of winning the Lottery higher than anything being done after the fact

Our council served an ASBO on a bloke, and he was not allowed to slam doors in his house, or bang the floors or stairs when walking because of the nuisance he was causing

We shouldn't have to move we have been in this house 33 yrs it is our home

By the same seniment, your neighbours would also argue that their house is their home and why shouldn't they reconfigure it how they wish.

Do they know that it is affecting you? Have you spoken to them about it?

Perhaps they are ignorant to your issues.

They have been told yes and how they wouldn't no banging up and down the stairs at 2am that we wouldn't hear it then they must be stupid

Having just read two books on negotiation, I advise you, Mr. 11, to 'make your case' and two other cases.

FIRST FOR YOUR NEIGHBORS, then for the government if they don't want to get involved, then for yourself.

Try to see this from ALL angles to anticipate the arguments the other two parties to this case may present.

If you can refute some of their points you may have a foothold on changing this situation and it goes a long way if you can catch anyone in a lie or changing their story or contradicting the law.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back