Problem with replacing shower arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on replacing a shower arm that I discovered ended on 15mm copper pipe. I was expecting some kind of compression adapter that I could just screw into but its just bare copper pipe as shown below.

The end of the pipe sits just below the tile level and looks like the other end has been soldered.

The previous arm had what I think is a compression fitting hex bolt -

But my new arm, hansgrohe 27411000, does not

Anyone any idea what my options are here?

Thanks for taking the time.
Phil Murray

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm just a DIY'er, so feel free to ignore! :)

Ideally you would have found something like this behind your tiles:

ae235.jpeg

Fixed firmly, ready for your new arm to screw into!

What came off the old arm was a 15mm compression fitting.
Has the new arm got a chamfer like the old arm? If it has a square edge then you may need a G1/2 female to 15mm compression fitting:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-compression-adapting-female-coupler-15mm-x-/93992

Which is a shame, as the thread size of the new arm should match that of the old. It would also project further from the wall, and would be a pain to tighten up.

Alternatively you could get a 15mm push fit to G1/2 fitting:
https://www.toolstation.com/pegler-yorkshire-tectite-sprint-fi-coupling/p35693

But again, it would stand away from the wall and you would have to find a way to stop the arm from rotating!

Personally, I may be tempted to remove the tiles and have a go at installing the proper fitting.

But I'm sure others will have better ideas!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back