Problems after new consumer unit fitted

Sponsored Links
Mistakes are not supposed to go undetected before they bite. That's why we have tests, checklists etc.
Indeed - but, as I went on to ask, which of the 'standard tests' (per, say, an EIC), the undertaking of all of which which would probably be regarded as adequate/acceptable, would have detected the problem with the neutral(s)?

Kind Regards, John

which of the 'standard tests' (per, say, an EIC), the undertaking of all of which which would probably be regarded as adequate/acceptable, would have detected the problem with the neutral(s)?

The one that checks for incompetent dunderheads?

Sponsored Links
Mm, did you install this yourself ? Remove the U link in the Neutral bar ……..

DS

Listening to what people have said. If I move 13 and 14 on the neutral bar and I move it to 20 and 21 that should solve the problem

As long as i don't listen to you, i will be able to cook my food and not make an arr's of wiring a simple consumer unit.

:LOL::LOL: DS

Maybe, but it was a serious question. How common is it to undertake, in addition to all the 'measurement' tests, a functional test of every final circuit?

Well, I would point to 610.1:

Every installation shall, during erection and on completion before being put into service, be inspected and tested to verify, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the requirements of the regulations have been met.

I paid an electrician to wire it in. He did it as a foreigner so he won't be able to come back until the weekend. I've got a 3 year old and a 4 week old so being with out a oven and hob is s**t.
I appreciate everyone's help and I have a better idea today than yesterday

Well, I would point to 610.1: Every installation shall, during erection and on completion before being put into service, be inspected and tested to verify, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the requirements of the regulations have been met.
Well, that begs the question as to what regulations, other than the most general and vague ones, would require functional tests to be performed.

However, you seem to be somewhat evading the question :) I did not ask what the regs require but, rather, whether it was common for electricians to undertake functional tests on every final circuit.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back