Problems with Marley Eternit Monarch Tiles

Sponsored Links
Interesting, we had a coating failure on two blocks of flats about 8 years ago, almost 20% of the 3000 tiles(double roman old English dark red)discoloured(unnaturally so) within 12 months.

Marley were most unhelpful, we have not used any Marley product since.

I also had a problem with these tiles about 4 or so years ago, loaded 1600 up on a roof,started laying them and noticed small black holes,rang travis Perkins and they sent out marley rep,(arrogant little man) he said just skip them and we will order some more,asked me to take photos of them and batch numbers and email him, i asked who was paying for skips for tiles he said they would!!!! Still waiting now for money the little pri@k :evil:

Sponsored Links
We have been following this as we have the same problems with marley monarch tiles. Marley attempted to recoat them but not successfully. This is another story. We have been in the process of taking our supplier to court under the sale of good act . It has taken three and a half years to get to this stage but the court has now published the out come of a debate relating to the case it may still be of interest to some. See scottish court judgments web page. Judgement published 14 april 2016.

Crusader2,
Your reference is too vague. Why not simply explain for us what the outcome judgement was and why?

Hi All We have clients who bought a commercial building in Scotland and have been advised the tiles are effectively now porous. Has anyone been able to successfully claim against Marley - I suspect the builder is no longer in business

We were in court for 3 days first week of november and we are waiting for Sheriffs decision it is hard to predict the outcome as the legal system rely so much on case law .We have a letter from marley admitting coating failure . We also have a copy of the bba certification which states that if the coating comes off the tiles should retain their original colour.

Thank you for coming back and informing us of the result.
A good outcome for you and all who step up against big business.
Well done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back