problems With windows vista.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got a new computer and within 30 mins of having it with windows vista i cocked it right up. I'm no pro when i comes to computers but here is the tale.

I uninstalled the trial version of mcafee then it all went wrong. It must of taken a windows driver file with it etc so basically i had to reinstall windows vista again.

Problems im having now is nothing seems to be compatable with it.
windows keeps prompting me at start up that it has blocked a driver (from roxio cd creadtor) due to being un compatable with it, althought the software came with the pc.

My old Hp PSC 1215 printer wouldn't print everything on screen and only printed parts . I tried getting an update driver from website but HP have said that the printer is not compatable with vista.

So off i pop to buy a new printer a new HP C3180 and same old story i had to get update from hp and now it works or should i say prints thats about all it does.

Now microsoft works 8.5 spreadsheet seems to be cocking up.....It will let me run it and type etc but when i try to print preview or print, windows pops up saying the has been a problem and it is looking for a solution then finally says yeah there has been a problem and it is shutting it down and the program closes.

Just wanting to know if anyone else has had simular problems. I wish i would of stayed on XP.

Also i wouldn't mind some AV software for vista as i don't have any at present. Is the firewall on windows sufficent as well.

sorry its a long one but could do with some opions. thanks

Sponsored Links
Welcome to Vista!!
Did you install the 64bit version? I installed AVG antivirus (subsctiption is about £40 for 2 years, works with 64 bit systems). Mcafee doesn't work with 64bit systems.
On another note, if you have a copy of XP you can install a dual boot setup, although XP needs to be installed first as it overwrites the Vista boot files, then reinstall Vista. I setup a partition on my hdd for XP to separate both operating systems out.

Spark123 said:
Welcome to Vista!!
Did you install the 64bit version? I installed AVG antivirus (subsctiption is about £40 for 2 years, works with 64 bit systems). Mcafee doesn't work with 64bit systems.
On another note, if you have a copy of XP you can install a dual boot setup, although XP needs to be installed first as it overwrites the Vista boot files, then reinstall Vista. I setup a partition on my hdd for XP to separate both operating systems out.

it is the 32bit home premium editon. what is the difference in the 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Sponsored Links
micky p said:
it is the 32bit home premium editon. what is the difference in the 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
Not a lot works with the 64bit, but I can have more memory lol!!

Back