Proud dad!.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lad has been doing Saturday job at ours for a few weeks now, just so proud of how he's coming on at 14 1/2 years old.

Was de-crarting and building bikes today.

20210814_144824.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a WK Scrambler 125, we're giving WK a go because they are able to actually supply bikes!.

He migh be giving me a hand digging the Mitsubishi GTO out of hibernation today as well.

We did a Transalp last week, new fuel pump hanger assy from Honda was £600+vat + fitting, replaced fuel pump at £70, and two hours labour for fitting to bike.

20210811_110043.jpg

He's great to have around the workshop, keen to learn.

Sponsored Links
Well done,

Obvs done a good job of bringing him up.

I hope my boy will be similar when he gets to that age

Thanks @sxturbo, I didn't have the best upbringing so made me try even harder when our two arrived.

He's a genuinely nice, polite lad; a credit to me and his mum.

I'm sure your son will be the same, bringing your children up is a joy imho, I have all the time in the world for my two.

It's a WK Scrambler 125, we're giving WK a go because they are able to actually supply bikes!.

He migh be giving me a hand digging the Mitsubishi GTO out of hibernation today as well.

We did a Transalp last week, new fuel pump hanger assy from Honda was £600+vat + fitting, replaced fuel pump at £70, and two hours labour for fitting to bike.

View attachment 241681

He's great to have around the workshop, keen to learn.

He looks a good lad, remind me of my 11 year old she's so keen to learn...

Best thing me dad ever bought me was an old Austin 1800 engine & a bag of spanners.

I remember every minute of sitting with him on the backyard & stripping that engine down, identifying & inspecting every component, then rebuilding it all back up into a running engine :)

I remember it every time I have to fit b@St#Rd piston rings back into a bore, I remember it every time over the years I've shown or told someone a better way to do a certain thing, I remember it whenever I diagnose & fix a fault & I certainly remembered it when I taught my lad how to set the points gap on his newly aquired classic Jag, fair brought a tear to my eye that one :)

I'm not sure if the experience was all about me learning how enjines worked or if it was just about spending time together out of his busy schedule. Maybe it was all about preparing me for the life ahead without him?

Maybe it was all of that & more.

We built a motorcycle together out of boxes (MT-5 ready for his 16th).

Stripped and rebuild engine, made a loom from scratch etc.

The joy on his face was priceless when it finally ran.

As you say it's time well spent, I loved every minute of it.

My daughter likes getting stuck in too, she'll be the same in a few years.

20200329_141848.jpg

Great work Keith, and great kids.

That looks a lot of bike for a 125, I can see meself jumping border fences on that.

_39400795_escapemcqueen203b.jpg

Think it will look better when they get the top coat on the tank. ;)

Not sure I get the trend for matte finishes on cars and bikes. Somehow looks unfinished, but it's just me who's behind the times.

I saw a totally Matt black Range Rover yesterday on the A12…..drug dealers car :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back