Proud dad!.

I saw a totally Matt black Range Rover yesterday on the A12…..drug dealers car :ROFLMAO:

Only ever seen two matt black cars, Kane Dingle on Emmerdale, and one in a car park at the hospital in Truro, but get this, it was the Doctors/Consultants car park.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @sxturbo, I didn't have the best upbringing so made me try even harder when our two arrived.

He's a genuinely nice, polite lad; a credit to me and his mum.

I'm sure your son will be the same, bringing your children up is a joy imho, I have all the time in the world for my two.

Are you a mechanic or this just a hobby?

I'd like to do something like that with my son but more around building an electric car but I don't have any skills in cars, engineering but the software side would be a doddle.

I'd like to do something like that with my son but more around building an electric car

C1203K_box.jpg

I'd like to do something like that with my son but more around building an electric car but I don't have any skills in cars, engineering but the software side would be a doddle.

You could always learn those skills together ?

Sponsored Links
Are you a mechanic or this just a hobby?

It's was a hobby when I was young and ended up doing it as a job, more luck than judgement.

I've learnt loads buy just having a go, made my own ECU and mapped my car from scratch, that was a massive learning experience but all that transfers over modern motorcycles as well so a good investment of time.

YouTube is good, I watch everything from Cobblers to Machinists, Heavy Plant Repair etc. Love watching people who know what they are doing and you learn new ways of approaching things.

There's a few self build electric car series on YouTube, I think one is an old Beetle conversion. Definitely worth watching to get an ideal of whats involved.

I bought a cheapish Plasma Cutter when making the Bellhousing adapters for our Kuga out of 10mm steel plate. Great bit of kit and worth buying if you have multiple brackets to make.

As said above, have a go and see how you get on!, I'm a learning by doing person. Time learning is time well spent imho.

YouTube is good, I watch everything from Cobblers to Machinists, Heavy Plant Repair etc. Love watching people who know what they are doing and you learn new ways of approaching things.

Look up Sampson Boat Co' on YooToob. Be warned, it's addictive & there's several hours worth of very well put together video.

It's the ongoing story of the restoration of a famous wooden sailing boat called 'Tally Ho". I can't remember the episode but the visit to the wood yard is very worthwhile, the 'character' there should be on everyone's telly. I know how to work with wood in a construction sense, boat building is a whole new world.

Found it, EP19. I wanna meet that bloke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Abom79, Precision Transmissions, IC Weld, Cutting Edge Engineering and the king of the crop South Main Auto.

Eric O at South Main Auto is a master of fault finding, just magic to watch. Methodical and sticks to his plan which is the way it should be done!.

Back