Psycho nation...

Anyone thinking that guns should be banned in America might want to remember that the Mexican border is 2000 miles long.
On the other hand, America doesn't recognise any borders and it regularly (and illegally) invades other countries killing hundreds of thousands!

One wonders whether their collective attitude to guns makes it easier for them to employ their hired thugs!

Sponsored Links
I don't think there's anything wrong with people thinking guns should be banned but I would question whether they should think they have even the remotest chance of banning them , with almost half of american households holding at least one gun it would be an almost impossible task.

And yet America calls for other nations to disarm themselves... ;)

What highlights the problem of their gun ownership is that according to reports the gunman killed his mum and then took 3 of HER guns....

She was a teacher... How many guns did she think she needed to 'defend' herself?

Btw...30 years ago did anyone think it would be possible to ban guns here?

The government need to tighten up the existing gun laws they have, they are too soft.

Retailers who sell guns need to be more regulated too.

The Kids who comitted the shootings at Columbine broke lots of existing laws on purchasing weapons. Needs to be monitored more.

Saying that, Americans wont lose the rights to bear arms, that right is just as powerful as the right to vote over their.

Sponsored Links
Don't ban guns I say. Supply more.

Blow the legislation wide open to make them more accessible to the everyday decent human being.

If the teachers in this case all had guns, they could have shot the perpetrator at the front door, potentially saving the lives of twenty odd children and themselves. Fact.

Gun crime is never gonna go away. So let's give the decent people a fair chance.

Comparing the US to the UK.

How ignorant are you?

Ah, the typical A*r*S*e troll doing its work...

The A*r*S*e troll is the ignorant one if it does not realise that succesive laws here have removed a large proportion of guns in this country...

Sure, the US would start from a higher level of gun ownership, but does that mean it should not try and emulate a success?

Or does the A*r*S*e troll not accept that we live in a far less violent place overall because guns are less prevalent in our society?

And given that the A*r*S*e troll is totally out of date, it would probably not comprehend that the second amendment was written in 1791, and is totally repugnant in a so called civilised country...

But then the A*r*S*e troll probably still hears 'clippity clop' overhead it every day!

Or does the A*r*S*e troll not accept that we live in a far less violent place overall because guns are less prevalent in our society?

B*llocks. The majority of gun crime in any given country is from 'illegal' firearms. Always has been.

Banning them just bans the decent people from defending themselves against the scum.

Hmmmm. Not so sure about this one Lamb.

Dealing with the immediate problem (and sidestepping the gun law issue :oops: ), the fact that he managed to walk into what should be a locked and secure building is a bit of a worry. We all have it - the main entrance has an electronic door entry system, but all other access doors are wide open.

Hmmmm. Not so sure about this one Lamb.

Dealing with the immediate problem (and sidestepping the gun law issue :oops: ), the fact that he managed to walk into what should be a locked and secure building is a bit of a worry. We all have it - the main entrance has an electronic door entry system, but all other access doors are wide open.

He would have got in, locked doors or not.

If you as a teacher, had a gun under your tweed jacket you could have saved (potentially) many lives by shooting him.

That's a fact my friend.

Saying that, Americans wont lose the rights to bear arms, that right is just as powerful as the right to vote over their.

I remember Alistair Cooke explaining these "rights" in his "Letter from America" radio show many years ago.
Americans were given by the founding fathers the right to bear arms to form a militia in lieu of there being a standing army. They reasoned (and history seems to back them up on this one) that if there is a standing army eventually a leader will come along and say let them do something other than just stand around i.e. start a war whereas a militia is only concerned with defending their own homes and lands.
However, after so many years of misreading or mis representing the consitution the right to bear arms full stop is now accepted as the law.

He would have got in, locked doors or not.

If you as a teacher, had a gun under your tweed jacket you could have saved (potentially) many lives by shooting him.

That's a fact my friend.
He may well have got in anyway, but if the delay enabled the dibble to be there even 30 seconds area and saved one life then, well,..... But point taken.

As to what if I had a gun, bravado would make me agree. But we all know too many stories of teachers "losing it" when faced with some sh**ty kid or parent, and one wonders what might have happened.

Comparing the US to the UK.

How ignorant are you?

Ah, the typical A*r*S*e troll doing its work...

The A*r*S*e troll is the ignorant one if it does not realise that succesive laws here have removed a large proportion of guns in this country...

Sure, the US would start from a higher level of gun ownership, but does that mean it should not try and emulate a success?

And given that the A*r*S*e troll is totally out of date, it would probably not comprehend that the second amendment was written in 1791, and is totally repugnant in a so called civilised country...

But then the A*r*S*e troll probably still hears 'clippity clop' overhead it every day!

Now that I have stopped rolling about laughing at your clever humour, I shall explain why you are being ignorant.

USA
Shares a 2000 mile long border with Mexico, A large crime country, full of drugs lords, who happen to have some experience with smuggling, not that crossing the border is that difficult as millions of Mexicans can tell you.

2nd amendment, that little thing that actually binds the government, if they can change the 2nd amendment they, then they can change anything.

50 states all with different approaches, many would not appreciate federal gun control any more than we like Brussels regulation.

Armed police

Large gun owning population, much more per person than the UK.

UK
No physical border, neighbouring countries have gun control and low crime

No constitution

1 country, 1 government no states

Unarmed police

Gun ownership historically agricultural and sports.

So yea, comparing the UK to the US :****** emoticon:

As to what if I had a gun, bravado would make me agree. But we all know too many stories of teachers "losing it" when faced with some sh**ty kid or parent, and one wonders what might have happened.

A 'shoulder holster' wearing teacher could have saved many lives.
You know I'm right.

Sponsored Links
Back